Pingsi

平溪

Note: This is review post on my trip to Taipei, Taiwan. FYI, I went on this trip with my friends, Calvin and Jason. Subject on Pingsi(平溪).

At Pingsi's train station

Pingsi(平溪) is a famous tourist spot in Taipei. At here, you can visit the old street and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Pingsi. Other than these, pingsi is a good spot to release sky lantern(天登). My friends and I came here to release one and also we had played with some fire crackers too. In pingsi, I don't think you can find many snack or food stores as I only passed by one or two stores. My advice is that, fill your stomach at Jiufen(九份) or Ruifang(瑞芳) before touring pingsi(平溪) or shifen(十份).

Before I go further, from Ruifang station(瑞芳站) to Pingsi station(平溪站), you will have to take a train that only departs every one hour. Each trip, it cost around NT$20. But you can get a all-day trip ticket at Ruifang station(瑞芳站) at only NT$52. If you are planning to visit many places along the Pingsi route, I advise you to get this one. (:


Along the pingsi train route, you will pass by Shifen station(十份站). At Shifen, you can visit the famous shifen waterfall(十份瀑布). There are also other stuffs that you might find interesting too. Do come shifen if you got the time, I did not went Shifen though it's in my itinerary. Due to time constraint, so I took out Shifen. FYI, to get to Shifen waterfall, you will have to walk quite a distance which might take around 20 to 30 minutes.

Shifen Waterfall(十份瀑布). Photo taken at http://www.panoramio.com/photo/22439123. Credits to the photographer.


Anyway, back to Pingsi. This is the view you will get when you reached Pingsi station.

As I walked further to explore, I reached the old street of Pingsi. This is where the famous Taiwanese movie '那些年,我們一起追的女孩' was flimed. It was a nice movie, I really love it. Hahas. Anyway, along the way, you will find many stores selling sky lanterns and souvenirs too. Take a walk down the street, you will get the historical and olden times feel. It's really a good place to take photos. We bought one sky lantern at a shop on the street, we wrote our wishes on it and release it to the sky. Anyway, we bought the rainbow colored one. Each one cost NT$150. (:

The old street


Writting in progress and our end product. Quite ok, rite? Hahas.


In front of the store, they sell these ice cream and popsicles.


The fire crackers, each one is selling at NT$20.


This is the videos that I took during the trip. Enjoy.


Hmm...that's pretty much about my review for pingsi(平溪). I really did not find anything worth exploring here but it's a must to go and visit their old street and release sky lantern there. (:

Comments