Last Week of August 2013

Yesterday, it marked the end of August 2013 and today, we have started the first day of September 2013. Early morning, I kick-started the month with the annual Singapore Bay Run & Army Half Marathon. I took part in the 5KM fun run this year, I paid only S$5.35 for it. How cheap is it? Luckily, I am a SAFRA member and a NS man too. Hahas. Nevertheless, I did enjoyed my run and achieved a good timing of 25 mins only! No kidding, it's so fast that I couldn't believe it myself, I am aimming at 30 minutes instead.

Goodies from the race.


The baggage area.


Beautiful Padang area.


The main holding area for the army units


Heavy breakfast after the run.

Hmm...the marathon also marked the last marathon race that I will be taking part this year. More and more marathon races coming up next year, I will be running my first 21 KM and 42 KM (Tentatively). Putting my running aside, I have a great week earlier. On Saturday, I met up with my sister to go Bugis for shopping. Ok, I am not the one shopping though...practically, I went there and had lunch and dessert. By the way, that Saturday, there is an open house going on at Jurong West Stadium where the public get free entries to the gym and swimming pool. The public is also treated to popcorn, candy floss and also free trying out for all sort of sport games that SSC offered. I assumed that the badminton court was also free-of-charge to use on that day.

If you missed this open house, there are still 2 more days where you can join in the fun. One fall on 7th September 2013 at Choa Chu Kang Stadium while the other one fall on 14th September 2013 at Jurong East Stadium. Anyway, if you are going...get hydrated at all times, yea? Hahas. Back to topic, after the shopping at Bugis with my sister. We went for dinner at Jurong Point with my aunt and cousin. We dined at Ichiban Sushi! I guess I am still missing Japanese foods ever since I came back last 2 weeks ago. I am diligently working on the travel posts, so stay tuned for the complete set!


Ichiban Sushi is one of the popular Japanese restaurants in Jurong Point. It is located at the basement of the mall where the Japanese street resides. During dinner hours, you can see never-ending queue outside the restaurant. It was my first time dining at the Jurong Point's outlet. The ambience was great and I enjoyed my dinner too. The foods were delicious and kind of same as what I had in Japan, I will definitely dine here again when I am feeling rich! My combo meal comes with a main course, side dishes and fruits. As for drinks, you have to order separately. I ordered their cold ocha where you get free refill...cheapo me. By the way, the meal I ordered is the Hotate Nabe Wazen meal.

The main dish of my dinner


Side dish: Salmon!


My rice bowl, yummy!


After dinner, of course, we went back home to rest. Tomorrow will be another day at work, I hope I am doing stuffs that is productive to my company. Hmm...I got to rest early tonight as I woke up early for my run this morning. Yup, I am coming to the end of this weekly post. Do drop by soon for more posts, year? Ciaos.

Story Closed on 01.09.13.

Photo Credits:
- https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1174589_10151626247657965_583160599_n.jpg

#run #sbr #ahm #armyhalfmarathon #singaporebayrun #marathon #lifestyle #healthy #openhouse #jurongweststadium #ichibansushi #sushi #restaurant #japanese #dinner #foods

Comments