Din Tai Fung with family

Sunday is here again, oh man...time flies. This week was a normal week except that my family and I went celebrating my mum's birthday on Saturday (which was yesterday). Normal week: Means I went for my running and gym sessions like usually and work goes smoothly. Good news first, I won myself a pair of Thor movie tickets from Nuffnang! Yeah! I guess I am going alone to watch this movie unless I really can get someone to accompany me. Nevertheless, I hope it's going to be nice.

Hmm...no bad news at the moment and I hope there would not be any in the days, months or years to come! By the way, who like bad news? Putting that aside for now. Yesterday, I was having quite a bad flu but I still enjoyed my day. My mum, sister and I went for brunch at Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐)! We visited their Jurong Point outlet. You can find Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐) in most popular malls these days. Anyway, our table was filled with xiao long bao (小籠包), dumplings, sesame buns, noodles and fried rice. The bill came up to around S$70+ after including the taxes and service charges. The foods were definitely delicious and tasty, it's no mistake that it is one of the Michelin best recommended restaurants in Asia.

Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐) @ Jurong Point


The foods that we have ordered



Jurong Point Shopping Centre
63 Jurong West Central 3 #B1-68
Singapore 648331
Tel: 6861 1811

Operation Hours
Mon – Fri: 11am to 10pm
Weekends & Public Holidays: 10am to 10pm
Last order at 9:30pm

After our brunch, we went walking around the mall. My sister and I got my mum the birthday cake from Icing Room (By Breadtalk). This time round, we bought the green tea flavoured one. With Passion card, the cake cost around S$38 instead of the usual S$45+. So I believed that it's quite a steal for the quality and standard of the cake. PS: My birthday cake was also bought from here. At the mall, I also got myself 3 pairs of new Adidas socks and one giant Stitch plushie.

My mum's birthday cake for 2013

In the evening, we had dinner at one of the zi-char (煮炒) restaurants in my house area. My dad invited my aunt and uncle for the dinner too. Anyway, everyone had a pretty good time. So yup...we concluded the night at around 2300 hrs. It was a bit late and thus, everyone was tired. Hmm, that's summarised my weekend. Tomorrow will be the starting of another new week, I hope things goes well for me. Next month, I will start to get flight tickets and accommodation for my Taiwan trip. Yeah, it's my third TW's trip! I am so excited! Ok lah, I shall stop my words here then. Thanks for reading and be sure to drop by soon!

Story Closed on 10.11.13

#weekly #weeklypost #rants #singapore #sg #dintaifung #鼎泰豐 #小籠包 #taiwanese #chinese #asiancuisine #foods #icingroom #cakes #jurongpoint #boonlay

Comments