Great Teacher Onizuka (2012)

Great Teacher Onizuka (グレートティーチャーオニヅカ)

こんばんは!! Evening to all my dear readers, it's Friday!! Finally, eh? Anyway, I just came back from my run earlier. It was a rough one and this is my second time running 13 KM. I am prepping up for my Sundown already, I guess it's time for all the participants to train too. I am taking up in the 21 KM category this year and hopefully, I am able to clock it within 3 hours. Ganbatte!!


Anyway, I am here today to recommend you guys another nice Japanese drama. I hope you guys had watched the previous Japanese drama (Itazura na Kiss ~ Love in TOKYO) which I have blogged about. Ok, back to the topic! I am recommending this new reboot of the best drama I find so far, Great Teacher Onizuka (グレートティーチャーオニヅカ)!! The first live action debut somewhere in 2008 and the casts were all great actors too. I also watched the 2008 in my secondary school days, it was great too! Anyway, the show is adapted from its manga series. After the sensation the manga brought, anime and live-action of the manga started airing in Japan.

This 2012 reboot which I recommended is much nicer due to better quality of the show and it was taken in a much modern Japan. The cast include many experienced actors like Miori Takimoto (瀧本美織), Hitomi Kuroki (黒木瞳), Yusuke Yamamoto (山本裕典), Yuu Shirota (城田優) and many more. The male lead, Onizuka is played by Exile's member Akira. If you guess it right, yes, the theme song of the show is sung by Exile. Hahas!

Screen grabs from the show


Highlights of Episode 7

The show have a total of 11 episodes and 3 special episodes. And currently, the show is to expand for 4 mini episodes that was filmed in Taiwan. I am looking forward to it! The Taiwan episodes will featured casts from "終極一班2" and I believed that it would be an awesome show when it is released. By the way, I have finished watching all the episodes that was released. They were really nice, the show not only make me feel touched but also makes me wanted to travel to Japan even more. Hahas.

GTO and the Taiwanese casts

PS: Each normal episode run for about 50 mins while the special episodes run for an hour plus.

About the show:
Onizuka has 2 good buddies, namely, Ryuji and Saejima. Onizuka and his friends are legendary bikers and fighters in the Tokyo's underground scene. They were great fighters and tough people. Onizuka saved and mended the relationship of 2 students in the first episode. Due to that, the director of the school (The school that the 2 students went to) approached Onizuka and hired him as the teacher of the school. He was then tagged to the most problematic class in the school and since then, through his way of teaching and helping the students. Both the students and Onizuka grew bonds and friendship. The adventure that Onizuka brought in the show was one of nicest parts to watch!

I have roughly wrapped up the show and probably the manga too, now, I hope you guys will go support the show too. Nevertheless, thanks for dropping by! Please come back soon for this Sunday's weekly update too! Ciaos!!

Story Closed on 04.04.2014.

#wjalmighty #dramareviews #japanesedrama #greatteacheronizuka #newGTO #Singapore #sg #japanese #drama #reviews #dramasynopsis #ドラマ

Photo Credits:
- http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/5267/tmkgreatteacheronizuka.jpg
- http://blog.roodo.com/bluelqe/86254607.jpg
- http://www.onibakubanzai.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/gto_cast.jpg
- http://tinyurl.com/mxe2uow
- http://tylerraiz.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/vlcsnap-000107.jpg
- http://www.wownews.tw/upload_images_b/2014/01/24/001/52e14748790e7.jpg

Comments