Puma Night Run 2014


Afternoon peeps! It's Sunday again and I am back for another quick weekly update! Yes, as the title of this post suggested. Malaysia and Taiwan had their share, now, it's Singapore's turn!! I participated in the Puma Night Run Singapore's station last evening. It was an awesome run but treacherous one. The route is filled up to 6 slopes and yea, this is one of the hardest 10KM run which I have covered so far. Nevertheless, I managed to cover the race within an hour and I am proud of it! With no bottleneck and much people resting, I did not break too much of my momentum this time round.

Back to the finish line, I collected my bananas, mineral water and medal. Sadly, the race did not contract ELM for the medals but the medal is still of better quality as compared to the AHM ones. I think SAFRA and Army should considering changing their suppliers? Back to the Puma run, this run was filled with celebrities too. From host Jade Seah to participants like Elvin Ng, Felicia Chin and many more. In my opinion, this is one of the most Star-Powered runs in the year 2014. The first flag-off timing was at 2045 hrs, seeing about 10K runners taking part too. I think there are at least 10 waves. (Each is 5 mins apart)

Celebs!!


Overlooking the race village

The early bird registration fees cost S$50. That come with a goodies bag with race tee, drawstring bag, towel, phone pouch for running, complimentary wave ride from Wavehouse, puma vouchers and last but not least a finisher medal. Early birds who reached the venue last evening are also treated with free soft drinks from Wavehouse too. As this is a night race, the race organiser also gave out free light sticks to participants too. I took like 4 sticks however you can take as many as you like from their counters. But then, too much light sticks might restrict your running style? Hahas.

Goodies from the event


Last selfie before leaving the event

Everything was nice till when I went to collect my baggage. The system was so bad that it took me 20 mins to receive my baggage. Dots...I hope they would improve on that if there is a second race next year. Overall, the whole event was a good effort from Puma and the main organiser. (I think Run Society partially sponsored the event too.)

Run not completed without a victory photo! Hahas!

This morning, I browse through my Instagram and Facebook, I saw the SIA Charity run this year. The medals are from ELM and they look really cool, partially because their lanyard is the air stewardess's uniform design!! I might jump over for that next year? Woah...that's 3 marathons/runs this weekend. 5 runs down, I am left with the hardest yet, SCM! That would happen on 7th December 2014 and it's a morning run, hopefully I am able to pull it off for this one too. Alright, I shall stop my words here then. Hope you guys like this post and be sure to drop by soon! :)

Story Closed on 02.11.2014.

#weeklyupdate #weeklypost #wjalmighty #pumanightrun #pumanightrunsg #marathon #runs #healthylifestyle #puma #singapore #sg #nightrun

Photo Credits:
- http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10632519_1489766074642804_1174778876_n.jpg
- http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10787766_795830283791320_202071898_n.jpg
- http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/10735154_250254595148057_44228614_n.jpg
- http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10734981_800258083363656_391625155_n.jpg

Comments