Celebrating Chinese New Year in Malacca (2015)

Happy Chinese New Year!!
新年快樂!!



Huat arh!! I am back for another travel cum CNY post!! As usual, I visited Malacca this year's Chinese New Year too. It's has been a great trip. I am really contented with this 5D4N trip and hopefully, I will be going back Malacca soon again. Without further ado, I will briefly run through my stay at Malacca.

Day 1 (18 Feb 2015)
Woke up superb early on the eve to catch the bus to Malacca. We cabbed down and manage to catch the bus which will leaving at 8.30 AM. This year's ticket cost about S$35.00 per pax and our accommodation per night cost about S$108.75 (Average cost). We reached the first stop point at Yong Peng, I took the opportunity to grab some delicious char siew bao from Amore (Malaysia's local brand). We also grabbed the ramey burger before hopping back onto the coach.

Tasty Pau from Amore

We reached our hotel at around 1400 hrs. We rested a while before heading out for our lunch and some light shopping. Then, we wrapped our day with dinner at Secret Recipe.

Our dinner

Day 2 (19 Feb 2015)
I had a good sleep last night. We woke up at around 10 AM and washed up before visiting my grandparents and relatives. Tonight, I also caught glimpse of the firework show put up by my cousin's friends. It's a long day and wrapped up the night with a sumptuous supper at How Her Siang Tim Sum.

Our supper


How Her Siang Tim Sum (好和香點心茶樓)
13 & 15 Jalan Kota Laksamana 1/2
75200 Melaka, Malaysia

Operation Hours:
Tue - Sun: 1800 hrs to 0230 hrs
(Closed on Mondays)

Day 3 (20 Feb 2015)
Early morning, we had our breakfast at Jonker Street's famous chicken rice ball restaurant. We ordered a ton of dishes from their signature chicken to fishball soup. There are around 5 course of dishes to share among 4 of us and our bill come up to around S$40++. I think it's really affordable for most Singaporean. After having a heavy breakfast, we headed back to the shopping mall to do more shopping.

Never failed to take photo of the St. Paul's Church!


On Jonker Street once again


Inside the Chicken Rice's restaurant


Our breakfast


古城雞飯粒
28-30, Jalan Hang Kasturi, 75200 Melaka

Operation Hours:
Weekdays: 0900 hrs to 2100 hrs
Weekends: 0900 hrs to 2200 hrs
(Closed on CNY's eve and CNY Day 1)

After a some shopping, we settled for tea break at the most popular mille crepe cake's store, Nadeje. We queued for about 20 mins to get our seats! But all the wait is worth after having the awesome cakes! We ordered the signature Tiramisu, Berry Berry Strawberry and the original flavoured ones. Our bill came up to around S$20++? That also includes our drinks too! It's not too expensive, right? This is my second time here, I guess I will make it a must-go whenever I visit Malacca next time?

Inside the store


Our happy foods

We then wrapped the night with dinner at my aunt's house. It is one of most sumptuous meals of the 4 nights we stayed in Malacca. There are curry chicken, soup, vegetables and one of my faves, braised meat/tofu dumpling! After a long stay at my aunt house, we wrapped up at around 11 PM or so before heading back to our hotel. Oh well, my aunt's house is at Tampin which is about an hour from our hotel.

Day 4 (21 Feb 2015)
This is the final day for shopping as the next day, we will be leaving on a 9 AM coach back to SG. Today, we had another family reunion meal with my uncles and aunties. Though, some of them are really...I never met them before at all. Probably, when I am really young, I might seen them before? Nevertheless, we had a few dishes of foods from the starter Yu Sheng (魚生) to the sweetest dessert, long gan soup (I didn't even sip on it). The whole meal was really bad except for the prawns and some chicken dishes. Don't know is it because of CNY, the standard dropped.

The Yu Sheng


One of the dishes which tasted okay...

After lunch, my sister went back to her shopping craze again. So, we go along too...Oh man! Anyway, I did hauled 2 office tops for my new year's working attire. It was one-for-one for goodness sake, it cost only S$26.80++ for 2 shirts! Then, we had dinner at Tang Shi Fu (湯師傅). We waited for a really long time before our foods arrived and in the end, we cancelled 2 dishes! Poor service!! I wondered what is wrong though. However, the foods which arrived earlier are quite good. Following that, we grabbed Starbucks again. I think that's my last cup before heading back to SG. Who knows that the next day, I grabbed another cup in SG. Lols.

Our dinner


Tang Shi Fu (湯師傅) @ 英雄廣場
Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall, Lot No. BN-10B
Lower Ground Floor, Jalan Merdeka, Melaka 75000

Operation Hours:
Open daily: 1000 hrs to 2200 hrs

Wrapped up my evening with Starbucks

Day 5 (22 Feb 2015)
We woke up superb early like 6:30 AM? We washed up and get ready to head to the bus terminal to grab quick breakfast before we board the coach back to SG. The coach did not stop at a cafeteria to let us grab some bites this time round so I was really hungry after I reached SG. Hmm...

That's about my CNY trip to Malacca! Meanwhile, you can go read about my previous year's CNY trip with the link attached below!

Last photo to end this post!


Click the below link to read about my 2014's CNY trip to Malacca!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2014/02/celebrating-chinese-new-year-in-malacca.html

Story Closed on 28.02.2015.

#travel #wjalmighty #cny #cny2015 #malaysia #malacca #celebration #annualtrip #foods #thingstodo #thingstoeat #thingstosee #thingstobuy

Comments