Odaiba (2014)

お台場 : ODAIBA


In today's post, I will be blogging about the Odaiba visit during my recent Tokyo's trip. It was raining during my visit, sadly, the wind is really strong too. Hmm...I spent an afternoon at the hot spring before heading to the mall for dinner and shopping.

First stop, the Oedo Onsen Monogatari Hot Springs. It is located nearby the Telecom Centre Sky-train's station and it takes about 5 mins or less to reach the hot spring. The entrance fee cost about ¥2,480 which include yukata rental. There are no time limit (Literally) because you can stay as long as 5 to 8 hours with no problems. There are 2 hot-spring areas namely the ladies and men. Of course, if you are a guy, you cannot enter the ladies one. Another reason for that is that, everyone has to be naked inside the hot spring. You can't even wear your underwear! Note: If you have tattoos, you cannot enter the hot spring too. (Apparently, Japanese are very particular about this)

The main entrance


Locker room before entering the hot spring center

There are also a number of stores operating inside the hot-spring center. You can get souvenirs and gifts, foods and drinks and not to mention, desserts too! After a warm/hot dip, dress up in your yukata while eating a cold ice-cream or dessert feels really awesome. There are a lot of Japanese during my visit including cute kids who wanted to try out at the game store. The center was build to resemble the summer's time in the old Japan time.

Inside the Hot Spring Center


Balloon picking!

There is also a resting area for people whom felt tired after the dip, the area is a room full with entertainment arm-seat. These seats come with a TV and blanket. The visitor can feel really comfy sometimes while resting on it. Hahas, that is also why some people can spent a whole afternoon there!


Inside the resting room (Superb quiet!!)


Oedo Onsen Monogatari Hot Springs
〒135-0064 東京都江東区青海2丁目6番3号
Open daily: 1100 hrs - 2100 hrs

After some long stay at the hot spring, my second stop is back to Diver City. Diver city is one of the biggest malls in Odaiba. The mall has one of the popular attractions, the giant Gundam figure which I have visited during my last trip. The mall housed a number of huge brands from Old Navy, Adidas, American Eagle, Wego, Daiso and so much more. There are also a Burberry Blue/Black outlet here!! For Hello Kitty fans, you can spot the Hello Kitty's store just when you enter the mall's main entrance!


Entrance to Diver City

I had my dinner at the huge foodcourt in the mall. As usual, I ordered the crispy chicken cutlet don. It was really good, the standard did not drop at all. In Japan, if you dined in their foodcourt, you are most probably expected to return the tray to the respective store owners. As Singapore is slowly picking this up, so far I can only spot it in the SAF canteens/cookhouse, polytechnics and universities which are practising such good habit. Well, I guess it's still a long there however, if everyone do their part, we will be one step closer to that each day!


The foodcourt is so bright!


The store which I bought my dinner


My dinner! おいしいかった!

After some rest at Diver City, I headed to Aqua City to take the night view of the rainbow bridge and Tokyo tower. The rain has became lighter that time, so I managed to get some shots. However, my cameras are running out of batteries. I ended my evening quite abruptly, I guess. Hahas.


One of the entrances to Aqua City


One of the huge Disney stores in Tokyo

Hmm...that's about my Odaiba visit for this recent Autumn trip. I hope you guys had enjoyed reading it and be sure to be back soon as I will start to blog about my Kanagawa trip! Ciaos! :)

Click below to read about my summer visit in 2013!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2013/09/odaiba.html

Story Closed on 15.03.2015.

#wjalmighty #travelogues #travels #Tokyo #Japan #Odaiba #Divercity #Aquacity #Lunch #Dinner #Hotsprings #thingstosee #thingstodo #thingstobuy

Comments