Yokohama

横浜 : YOKOHAMA


Good day, peeps! I am back for another travel post, this time round, I will be posting about my virgin visit to Yokohama! I hope you guys will like it! Alright, without further ado, I shall start!! Let's go!!

Early morning, I took the train from Shinjuku into Yokohama. Yokohama is located in the Kanagawa prefecture. It took about an hour to reach there, oh well, this can't be help since it's another prefecture? Once alighted, I had my breakfast at Lotteria before heading to the Cup Noodles Museum (Nissin)!

Cup Noodles Museum @ Yokohama

Cup Noodle Museum
Cup Noodles Museum is one of the biggest museums in Yokohama. The museum attracts more than hundreds of tourists and visitors each day. The museum has 4 levels which includes a cup noodle miniature factory, exhibition hall which showcased the history of Nissin, kids playground and a cup noodle food court. The entry fee cost ¥500 for adult, I can't remember how much is the ticket for kids.

First thing when you come to the museum, go take the ticket for making your own cup noodles! As there is a specific waiting time and time slot where you can enter the factory site to make your cup noodles! Each cup noodles will cost ¥300, though it's a bit steep but it's the experience that counts! After you joined the queue and entered the site, you can start doodle on your cup. There are pens and color markers available. Kids are really enjoying themselves here!

The factory site


My creation, wrote "Singapore" wrongly. Arghs!!



The noodle's ingredients!


While waiting for your turn, you can head down to the museum floor to explore around. There museum floor housed a number of exhibits from the history of cup noodles to the variation of cup noodles and instant noodles which you see today on your supermarket's shelves. It's quite interesting, I must say! :)


Variation of the noodles over the years!


One of my fave shots during this trip!


Trick eye concept spotted here too!!


Inside the Cup Noodles food court

Lastly, don't miss out getting some souvenirs home at the cup noodles museum shop. There are erasers, magnets, notebooks, plushies, noodles pack and so much more here!

Cup Noodles's Candle


カップヌードルミュージアム (Cup Noodles Museum)
横浜市中区新港2-3-4

Operation Hours:
1000 hrs - 1800 hrs (Last Entry at 1700 hrs)
(Closed on Tuesdays and Public Holidays)

Chinatown Yokohama


Chinatown Yokohama
My next stop will be at the popular Chinatown of Yokohama. The Chinatown is the biggest Chinatown in Japan and definitely worth the visit as many of the shop owners here are able to speak Chinese and fear not if your command of Japanese is really bad. I walked around taking photos and settled for so-called light dinner at one of the dim-sum buffet restaurants.


The Restaurant


Foods at the restaurant


鵬天閣 @ Yokohama
〒231-0023 神奈川県横浜市中区山下町192-15(中華街大通り)
Operation Hours: 1100 hrs - 2130 hrs (Daily)

Pokemon Centre
My last stop is the Pokemon Centre at Yokohama. This is of course my first visit to the Pokemon Centre, there are a lot of plushies and souvenirs! I got myself one medallion coin, this coin is the same as those you can print at Disneyland and Disneysea. I also finally got myself a Pikachu plushie, too cute to resist maybe? Hahas. The Pokemon centre also has a room/area where the Pokemon trainers (On Gameboy Consoles) get together to battle and trade Pokemon.

Inside the Pokemon Centre!


ポケモンセンターヨコハマ (Pokemon Centre @ Yokohama)
〒220-0012 神奈川県横浜市西区みなとみらい2-2-1 ランドマークプラザ4F
Operation Hours: 1100 hrs - 2000 hrs (Daily)

That's pretty much about my one-day trip in Yokohama. I truly enjoyed myself and I hope my experience here can be useful to your itinerary planning. Nevertheless, please do drop by again next week for more travel posts!

“じゃ、また来週!”

Story Closed on 29.03.2015.

#wjalmighty #travelogues #travels #Kanagawa #Yokohama #Japan #Chinatown #cupnoodlesmuseum #nissin #instantnoodles #cupnoodles #pokemoncentre #pokemon #pokemoncenter

Photo Credits:
- http://www.japantrip.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/IMG_0523.jpg

Comments