Compressport Real Run 2015

It's Sunday again! I am back for another weekly update, in this post, I will be blogging about my experience on this year's Real Run. Anyway, before I jump into that, I will be briefly run through my week. This week, I took 2 papers during Wednesday and Friday, it was a pity, I do not have confidence to score well this time round but I hope for the best. Friday's evening, my mum, sister and I went to catch Mad Max: Fury Road at Cathay, JEM. The movie was okay and it has a lot of action scenes.

Work and studies went well for this week, I guess? Hmm...Counting down to holidays in just less than 2 weeks time. Hees, I don't have the feel yet, probably I am thinking about my next holidays instead? Anyway, this morning, I took part in the Compressport Real Run 2015 Edition. It's my second real run. To think that it was how many years back since I joined the first marathon event was memorable. Real Run marked my first running event and since then, I have been joining races from time to time. The medal trigger my interest and routine in running.


This year run took place at Sentosa again. However, this is a first real run in Sentosa for me. My first was at Changi Exhibition Centre and transportation was so unfriendly. Luckily, this year, it is back at Sentosa like recent past years. I woke up early to get ready, grabbed my packed stuffs from last night and off to the race. Once reached the venue, I went to queue to deposit my baggage. The queue was long and this is not the first time for me depositing baggage at Sentosa gateway so I think overall, the experience is fine here.

The race started at 7:30 AM, I am in the 2nd wave and everything was smooth. I enjoyed the run, the 5KM medal looks pretty awesome too, hahas. I ended the race at about 8:30 AM? I can't remember the timing as I am quite relaxed for this one. Water points are sufficient and the ending point is crowded with drink stations too. I have no worries of getting water after the race. There are also several exhibitors at the race village from Nivea to the main sponsor, Compressport.

The ending point

This year registration fees is S$45 for 5KM Competitive and S$55 for 10KM Competitive. Finishers from both categories received different finisher entitlement. While 5KM finishers ended with a medal, the 10KM finishers received finisher tee. Over the years, the prices of registration have gone up. I still hope that they can lower the price for 5KM runners as paying S$40 above for 5KM run is really steep. Conclusion for this race: Good but price can be more affordable.

Inside the goodie bag

I think I have wrapped up my week here. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this post and hope to see you again here!~

Story Closed on 17.05.2015.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdate #weeklypost #realrunsg #realrun #singapore #sg50 #running #marathon #medal #sentosa #compressport #compressportrealrun #runreview

Photo Credits:
- https://www.facebook.com/HomeTeamNSREALClub

Comments