Pocari Sweat Run 2015


Evening peeps! I am back for another weekly update! Featuring in this post, I will be posting on the latest edition of Pocari Sweat Run. This year, the running event took place at Kallang Practise Track where Kallang stadium is located nearby. It was held on early morning of 12 July 2015.

Race Pack's collection @ Velocity


My race's pack

I took the first wave to be flagged off at the starting point. The 10km route was well spotted with drinks stations. I took off from Kallang track to the Nicolle Highway, from there, I passed by the popular Gardens by the bay and Marina Bay Sands area before heading back to the Practise Track. Most of the ushers are not as hyper as Sundown's ones, but I guess overall it's still alright. I passed the 10 KM's mark under 59 mins, pretty bad record for this race. However, the race did not stop at the 10KM's mark. The route continued for another 1.3 KM to the finishing line marking my finishing time at 1 hour and 6 minutes.

After a good run, what beats a bottle of hydration drink?

I did appreciated that I ran for more than 10km to work off some body fats, hahas. The race village was quite organised which I think the baggage storage did turn out to be faster (In terms of retrieving) than I thought. The show put up for the Japanese and local performers were great too. I really enjoyed the Taiko, I hope I can catch it once again if I am able to go for the Summer Matsuri happening next month. There is this photobooth which I believed many have took photos at, it was crowded with people. Particularly for this run, I think there are many Japanese participants. Probably, the title sponsor is a Japanese company? Hahas.


Taiko!


Japanese's folk dance


All finishers! Photobooth featured in this photo!



Photo with pretty yukata girls!


Selfies!!


This year, the finishers get to own a finisher tee and an ELM medal in celebration of SG50. The apparel sponsor for this year is Brooks. Overall, the race is well planned and I am contented with everything. I hope I will be able to join the next year one if it did not crash with my ICT. I guess I will stop my words here, ciaos!~ ;)

Story Closed on 12.07.2015.

#wjalmighty #weeklypost #weeklyupdate #pocarisweatrun #pocarisweat #singapore #sg #running #jogging #marathon #events #sg50

Photo Credits:
- Pocari Sweat Singapore's Facebook page

Comments