Ao Haru Ride (2014)


Evening peeps! It's Wednesday! 2 more days to the weekends, hang in there! Today, I am back here to blog about Ao Haru Ride (アオハルライド). If you have been following me on Instagram, you should remember some time back when I screenshot a manga cover and posted it. That's Ao Haru Ride. Recently, Ao Haru Ride is one of the bestselling manga(s) in Japan due the popular love story behind it.


I completed reading the manga on Mangafox months ago. I must say that the manga was really nice, I really love the drawing style by Io Sakisaka (咲坂伊緒) sensei. There are chibi version (ちび版) and the normal version of the characters inside the manga which really make it cuter. Though, I am a guy, I do like cute stuffs. Hahas.

When the couple is in middle school

The time where the last few chapters is going to be released, there was an announcement of the live-action movie coming out. It was really much anticipated. So, I managed to catch the movie online 9 months after the release in Japan. The 8 main characters were cast by Tsubasa Honda (本田翼), Masahiro Higashide (東出昌大), Yua Shinkawa (新川優愛), Ryo Yoshizawa (吉沢亮), Izumi Fujimoto (藤本泉), Mitsuki Takahata (高畑充希), Yudai Chiba (千葉雄大) and Yu Koyanagi (小柳友).

Screen grab from the movie

The movie cut out some scenes from the manga however most of the climax parts remained. Despite that, I still enjoyed the movie. Of course, I do like the manga. The manga is about 49 chapters long and each chapter is about 50 pages. It took me few weeks to cover the whole series. The story begins with Futaba going to her new school and being good friends with some of her classmates. As Futaba can't get to make friends easily, in order to make friends, she have to lie to her own feelings at times.

The movie trailer

The story evolves when she accidentally knock into one guy while she was walking back to the classroom with her friends. The guy said that Futaba's lunch is plain and walk away. Futaba find his voice very familiar and decided to catch up to him. Then, the story start to unfold series of love and friendship plots. I think it's a good opening? The following, you guys should read about it yourself!~

I have come to the end of this post. I hope you guys have enjoyed reading this post, I will try to post more of stuffs like this in the future. So, if you guys really love Japanese drama, manga or movies can drop by to check them out! :)


Story Closed on 30.09.2015.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdate #weeklypost #manga #comics #japanese #aoharuride #lovemanga #romance #reading #movies #shows

Photo Credits:
- https://euphorictranslations.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/ahrd.png
- https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/32/58/dc/3258dcac8dbf20b04d244f05c79f8f4f.jpg
- http://tinyurl.com/q5v9wzg
- https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREO16qvHluX8A-yDDXOK3sehUUSZKDTecNBy6VZMCmQJjKZcei
- https://static.eigapedia.com/gallery/ao-haru-ride-image-18.jpg
- Mangafox

Comments