Dinner at Teppei Syokudo


Afternoon peeps! It's Sunday and I back for another weekly post! This week has been a short week, I guess? This week, we also see the PSI level hits 300 for the first time this year. It was really hazy max till we really cannot do much outdoor activities. Oh well, it was fortunate that the haze level went down drastically over the weekend.

Yesterday, I visited the popular Japanese takeaway store, "Teppei Syokudo (哲平食堂)" located at the basement of Takashimaya mall. Over the week, I had been craving for a good seafood don and did some research online. So I found out about Teppei Syokudo's best selling Kaisen-don (海鮮丼). So far, this may be the cheapest kaisen-don in Singapore which costs S$16 per bowl. Other than the kaisen-don, the store also offered a number of cheaper options like the fried fish, ebi bento and also many small snacks like the fry vegetable and Hokkaido scallop.

All the fried snacks


The snacks menu


The bento menu

Anyway, the Kaisen-don is filled with tons of salmons and many other sashimi (刺身). The rice is dripped and marinated with bit of soy sauce. Mixing together with the given wasabi, it tasted so nice. The generous portion will sure make you about 80% to 90% full. The other popular don here is the Scallop and Kaisen-Don (帆立と海鮮丼), costing at $17.80. Before I wrap up this short post, I think their seafood were really fresh! I think if you have a bit of budget and wanted to try something nice at good price, this is where you can really consider.

My tasty dinner!


Teppei Syokudo
B2-07-7-3 Takashimaya Food Hall
391 Orchard Road
Opens daily: 1000 hrs to 2200 hrs

I have come to the end of this short post, I hope you guys have enjoyed this post. I think I will be back soon for the first travelogue post on my recent Taiwan trip. So, be sure to drop by soon! :)

Story Closed on 27.09.2015.

#weeklyupdate #weeklypost #onabudget #cheapfinds #seafood #singapore #sg #dinner #takashimaya #orchardroad #orchard #seafooddon #bento #don #japanesefoods #japanesecuisine #lunch #foods #teppeisyokudo

Photo Credits:
- https://andrianvidano.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/dsc00636.jpg

Comments