Waiao Beach


Evening peeps! It's Friday! I am back here for another promised travel post! This time round, I will be posting about my recent visit to Wai Ao Beach (外澳沙灘), Yilan. This beach is one of most special beaches I ever visited in my life. Despite it's summer during my trip, the sea breeze and weather is pretty cooling and comfortable. Entry to the beach is free, there are amenities for washing your feet around too.

A short 5 to 10 mins bus ride from Lan Yang Museum, you will reach this beach. The beach is pretty big but during my visit, there are not much people around. I almost have the whole beach to myself, hahas. We chilled at the beach for about 30 minutes playing with the black sand. The sand is the main reason which I am here, the texture of the sand is soft but the color of the sand is black. So, I must say it's pretty special. :)

View of the main entrance from the beach


View of turtle island from the beach


Soft and black sand


Playing with the sand



I love this shot, love my onitsuka tiger!~


Hermit crab! We spotted a lot of them during our visit!


Wai Ao Beach (外澳沙灘)
宜蘭縣頭城鎮外澳海水浴场

After slacking around the beach for 30 mins, we went to wash up our feet then headed to the cafe nearby for a light bite before heading off to our last destination of the day. The cafe offered a nice sea view and few tasty dishes such as pizzas, fries and stuffs. We had drinks, pizza and salad to wrap up our stay there. The beach is one place to relax and stroll your time away easily due to the nice atmosphere and sea breeze. Overall, I think it's one of the special places which you would want to visit if you ever visit Yilan.

The interior of the cafe


Pretty tasty salad!


Our thin pizza!

Wrapping up this post, I had fun during my trip and it's memorable. It's a pity that I didn't managed to grab a little bottle to house the black sand home to show you guys. Nevertheless, I definitely recommend coming here with a bunch of good friends. Who doesn't love beach when it's summer? Drench your feet into the black sand, it feels nice. Till then, do drop by soon for more updates!

Story Closed on 16.10.2015.

#wjalmighty #travelogue #travels #taiwan #yilan #waiaobeach #beach #waiao #thingstosee #thingstodo

Comments