Wu Feng Qi National Park


Evening peeps, I just reached Singapore last Sunday. It was a short getaway to Penang and I will be blogging about it real soon. Look out for my blog for it then! Anyway, I am back here today to wrap up my recent visit to Yilan, Taiwan. In this post, I will posting about what I did and see at the famous Wu Feng Qi National Park (五峰旗風景區). The park is pretty big, coming here, the main reason is for the waterfall!

Welcome me!~

There are 3 levels of the popular waterfall. To get to here, either you take a cab down or take a bus from Jiaosi train station (礁溪火車站). Usually, people would take the "台灣好行" bus to the waterfall. There is a tourist information centre nearby the station which you can get a lot of information on bus timing etc;. There are several stores selling souvenirs, light snacks and drinks when we are on the way to the waterfall.


Walking towards the park


Level 2's waterfall


Craved stone at the level 2's waterfall

The views at the waterfall were fantastic and I think it's definitely worth coming. I chanced upon this waterfall while googling on what to do in Yilan. I did not regret my decision on this and I think it's really a nice place to relax and take things slow. There is also a white church at the park which I think it's worth a visit too. At the church, you can peek into the city of Yilan as it is built on some hill/mountain.

Walking towards the church


The white church


Nice interior!

Descending from the waterfall site, we came back to where we board the bus back to the Jiaosi station. We were pretty pissed off with the shuttle bus timing because it's not accurate and hard to predict when will it be coming next. I guess it's just luck but I believed I should have done more research on it. My thoughts on it, I think we should asked the information staff at the counter on the bus timing before entering the park. (Some foods of thoughts for you guys) Of course, during the waiting time, we rested and took some photos around the park.

The river at the ground level


Mountains and hills, love this view!


Wu Feng Qi National Park (五峰旗風景區)
宜蘭縣礁溪鄉五峰路

That's pretty much about my visit here. I believed it's a good place to relax, soak your feet etc; but more research and information on the bus timing should be dealt with. Hahas. Overall, I enjoyed myself here and hope you guys will too. :)

Story Closed on 27.10.2015.

#wjalmighty #travelogues #taiwan #yilan #travels #wufengqi #waterfall #thingstodo #thingstosee

Comments