Jiu Fen (2015)


Morning peeps! It's Tuesday and it's Deepavali here in Singapore. I am back here to blog about my recent visit to Jiu Fen, Taiwan (九份, 台湾). Jiu Fen is one of the most visited places in Taipei. Flocked by mostly Japanese, Korean and Chinese tourist, the shop tenants are able to speak several languages. It's pretty surprising but well, over the time, people have to adapt and learn new languages to be able to communicate with the tourists.

Anyway, Jiu Fen is located at the North part of Taipei. The place housed a lot of cafes, restaurants, souvenir stores and one of the best sea view in Taipei too. This is my forth visit and I am never tired of taking photos of the view and around Jiu Fen. Each visit is an new experience, I guess? Hahas.

Street of Jiufen (Up-slope)


Sophisca!


葉風小舖 九份店
新北市瑞芳區崇文里6鄰基山街68號
Open daily: 0930 hrs to 1830 hrs

There are some of the must-eats here that you guys probably shouldn't miss. I recommend trying out the popular Fish Ball Soup (魚丸湯), Beef Noodles (牛肉麵) and the popular Yam Balls (芋圓) for dessert. In the summer, Yam Balls (芋圓) were served cold while in the spring, autumn and winter, it was served hot. But I think you can inform the shop staff of your preferred choices.

All the tasty foods!~

During this trip, I had a change in the foods I ate for the past years, I tried out one of the steamed Xiao Long Bao (小籠包) restaurants. Erm, not so great, I must say. The taste and texture of the Xiao Long Bao (小籠包) is pretty hard and not as nice as our Singapore's Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐).

The Store

As I mentioned earlier, one of the best seaview in Taipei is here. So, do not miss it by climbing up the hill or stairs to the observation decks/spots to see and take photos of the beautiful scenery. Other than having good foods and photo taking, one of the things here to do is to shop for souvenirs, you can drop by any store here to grab stuffs for your friends and family. From snacks such as Mua Chi (麻糬), Pineapple cakes (鳳梨酥), Sun Biscuits (太陽餅) to wooden crafts, magnets, luggage tags, these are all good ideas for suggestion.

Shot One


Shot Two

I definitely had a good time in Jiu Fen and I think you guys also shouldn't miss this place. To get to here, you all can catch a bus in front of the Police station in Rui Fang (About 3 - 5 mins walk from the station). The bus trip will take about 20 to 25 mins from the bus stop. However if you are unsure where the bus stop is, you can referred to my map below. Since the bus stop has moved away from the initial "In-Front-Of" Wellcome supermarket, please do take note of this one.

Self-Planned Map

I guess I have wrapped up much of my experience and visit here. I hope my post here can help you to plan your trip and decide on what to eat too. Nevertheless, be sure to be back soon as I still have a few more travel posts on Taipei to share!

Click on the below link to read about last year's visit!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2014/05/jiu-fen-2014.html

Story Closed on 10.11.2015.

#travelogue #travels #wjalmighty #taiwan #taipei #jiufen #foods #thingstosee #thingstobuy #thingstodo #thingstoeat

Comments