Shi Fen (2015)


Evening peeps! It's Thursday, I am back here for another short travel post. This time round, I am blogging about my recent visit to Shi Fen (十份)! Shi Fen is one of the popular spots in Taipei. People usually flocked here to release sky lantern and see the popular waterfall. Shi Fen is about 40 to 50 mins from Taipei main station. Travelling along the Pingsi rail line, Shi Fen can be easily accessed. Now you can tap in and out of the station using your Easy Card (悠遊卡).

Shi Fen's street


Flowers here


This is my third visit to Shi Fen and over the years, Shi Fen has changed bit by bit. There are now more food stalls and more lively as compared 2 years ago. Of course, one of the must-dos when visiting Shi Fen is to release sky lantern (天燈). As I have mentioned earlier, this is one of the most popular activities here. There are many vendors along the streets and most of the staffs are able to speak bits of English, Japanese and Korean. So if you are bad in Chinese, it's okay too. There are also Japanese menu/meaning board for the lantern colors.

Off we go!~


My fave shot!

During this trip, we paid about NT200 for a colorful one. Since there are 4 of us in the group, we each chose a side to write on. Different colors of the lantern represent different wishes/meanings. However, I just dumped everything on one color. Hahas, I guess no one has to the money to spare to write so much, no?

Writing our wishes on the lantern...


The Japanese's meaning board


One of the visited bridge in Shifen


Wrapped up our visit with these fried cuttlefish!

A short 20 mins walk from the main street, you will be able to reach the Shifen Waterfall (十份瀑布). This is one of the beautiful waterfalls in Taiwan and took the name of mini Niagara Falls. I suggest tourists to start the day earlier so you can catch the waterfall as it close at around 1800 hrs or 1900 hrs. Yes, there is a small charge to see the waterfall but I guess it's not too expensive. My last visit to the waterfall was 2 years ago and I am not sure if the price has gone up a bit.

The Shifen Waterfall

I pretty much sum up this short travel post. I hope you guys like this post and be sure to drop by soon for more travel posts! Note that the train on the Pingsi line arrive at any station in one hour interval. This means that, if you took the 1:30 PM train from Ruifang to Shifen, the next train from Shifen back to Ruifang or any other stations will be another hour later (2:30 PM). The timing I stated here are only for example, please do your research well using their official website here

Click below to read about my previous trip!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2014/05/shi-fen-2014.html

Story Closed on 17.12.2015.

#wjalmighty #travelogue #travels #Taiwan #tw #Taipei #Shifen #skylantern #waterfall #thingstodo #thingstosee #thingstobuy

Comments