NTUC Income Run 350 2016


Evening peeps! It's Wednesday! I am back for another quick post update! Last week, I took part in the NTUC Income Run 350. This is my first time joining the race. I was hesitating to join till Just Run Lah sent me an email which include a 20% discount code. So, I only paid $38 for the 10km race and I only top up extra $6 for shuttle bus service to the event venue.

The race pack collection day was held from 25 March 16 to 27 March 16. I think it's a great period since it's a long weekend that week. The collection was smooth and fast, I am done collecting within 5 mins including the queuing time. Yup, no kidding, it's like everyone went enjoy their weekends already? I went in the afternoon before I go for my Japanese's class.

Collection of race pack

The race pack was simple. It only consists of one pack of recycled tissue paper, the race bib, Mizuno running singlet and several vouchers and brochures. Beggars cannot be chooser since the registration is cheap and it's a race to promote greener and sustainable living.

The goodies in the race pack

On the race day, I took the shuttle bus to the event venue. Since I took the bus, I reached there really earlier. After I deposit my baggage, I still have time to walk around the race village to check out stuffs. Yup, I am in the first wave to be flagged off at 6:30 AM. I am disappointed in my timing for this race because I only able make it at 59 mins which almost an hour! I hope I can be better in the future 10 km runs. Don't know is it that I am getting older, my timing kept getting worse. :(

My ranking

Nevertheless, I did enjoyed myself at the race. The water points were well planned along the route. In most 10 km run, I would love to have at least 3 water points and this race has met my requirements. The after event was bit vague as the village area is quite big, I guess it's hard for everyone to gather around. The messaging queue is really long! Though, I don't visit them one since I don't like to let people or smell other people sweaty bodies. Hahas. I ended my race day with a nice breakfast at Mcdonald's, Jem.

People sitting around, spotted the massage queue?


The backdrop of Gardens by the Bay


The finisher medal for the race!

That's pretty much about my race day. Overall, I am contented with the result and the organising efforts.

Story Closed on 13.04.2016.

#wjalmighty #wjrunning #run350 #running #jogging #marathon #singapore #sg #ntucincomerun350 #gogreen #madedifferent

Comments