Higashiyama


Evening peeps, it's Sunday again! I am back for another weekly post! In this post, I will be blogging about my visit to Higashiyama, Kyoto. I hope you guys will enjoy reading it! Higashiyama is one of the most popular tourist spots in Kyoto. If you have done enough research, you know this area houses several temples. The most notable one will be Kiyomizudera Temple (清水寺) which is also the one I visited during my trip.

The temple is located at on a hill and you will have to climb up few slopes to reach it. The entrance fees to the Kiyomizudera temple is about ¥400 but I guess it's pretty much worth every penny because the temple top view is awesome. The view oversee Kyoto city and the rest of Higashiyama district. If you like history, the other popular temple here is the Kodaiji temple. The temple was built to remember the passing of Toyotomi Hideyoshi by his wife. The entrance to this temple will cost ¥600.

The ticket to Kiyomizudera temple


Inside the temple


The views from Kiyomizudera


Famous shot of the temple


One more shot!


Can you spot Kyoto tower?

On the way to these temples mentioned earlier, you got to pass by 2 big attractions here which is the Yasaka-Jinja Shrine (八坂神社) and the Maruyama Park (円山公園). These two attractions are easily accessible from the Tozai Subway Higashiyama Station (東山駅). Yasaka-Jinja Shrine hosted the annual Kyoto Gion Matsuri and since there are no fees to this shrine, it's very popular among the locals and tourists too. Maruyama park is just beside the shrine which is all accessible by foot. The park is also popular too especially during the spring season where tens and tens of sakura trees blossom. Well, I went during the autumn season but it wasn't so bad. I get to see beautiful autumn leaves too.

Yasaka-Jinja Shrine


Inside the shrine


I love these shots with Yasaka pagoda


Popular Maruyama park


It's autumn season!

One of the traits of Higashiyama area is the streets they have. It has a very rustic Japanese feel and of course it's a very nice place to take street photos and ootd shots too. There are cafes, restaurants and souvenir shops across the streets and thus, you can rest a while if you are feeling bit tired of seeing shrines and shrines. Hahas.

Streets of Higashiyama

I guess I pretty much covered the summary of my trip there, I hope you guys had gained some insights here to help you plan your trip! Till next time!

Story Closed on 29.05.2016.

#weeklyupdates #wjalmighty #travelogues #Kyoto #Japan #Higashiyama #travels #whattosee #whattoexpect #whattodo

Comments