Jean Yip Diamond Dash 2016


Afternoon peeps! It's Thursday! As we count down to the exam week, let's distress a bit, shall we? In this short and brief post, I will be blogging about the recent Jean Yip Diamond Run 2016. The event was held over the first weekend of May 2016. Day one of the event is for competitive runners while day two is for non-competitive runners.

Early bird runners are entitled to S$10.00 off registration fees (U.P S$39.50). This is the first vertical marathon/race I took part in and it's quite fun. I registered a timing of 6 mins 30 secs for the race. The race is held at the Klapsons Boutique Hotel. The hotel is 17 floors high and runners have to conquer a total of 34 floors (including the return trip). Yes, this Klapsons Boutique Hotel is the franchise hotel from Bangkok, Thailand. It is located at Tanjong Pagar area and easily accessible by a 5 - 10 mins walk from the MRT station.

The race has one drink station at the 17th floor, I am quite contented with my timing since it's my first time. I signed up the race with Kahmun. She is also one fast racer despite her small built, hahas! We did had fun at the race. All finishers are treated with free popcorn (Day 2), mua chee (Day 1) and ice cream (Both days) after the race. There is also a photo booth at the hotel main lobby. This is also where we collect our race pack! Jean Yip as the main sponsor provided some beauty services such as massages and nail polishing etc;.

Free snacks!!~

This year's race pack is quite fulfilling, I must say. Each goodies bag come with the race tee, race shorts, running pouch and several vouchers from Jean Yip and selected sponsors. I also received a finisher medal at the end of the race. Personally, I think these goodies worth so much more than my S$29.50. The event also featured a contest on the best dressed runners which sees few runners in cute outfits too.

On the collection day


The race pack


The finisher medal


Redbull, anyone?

Overall, I am really happy that I joined the race and hopefully there will be another race next year so I can try my next best timing too. Anyway, this is the end of the post. I hope my experiences here will inspire you to start exercising and training for vertical marathons/runs in the future!

Aiyoh, kenna photo-ed!


Kahmun and Me before the race! Thanks to the official photographer!



頑張って!

Story Closed on 12.05.2016

#wjalmighty #weeklyposts #jeanyipsg #jeanyipdiamondrun #thediamounddashrun #diamonddash #verticalmarathon #verticalrun #stairs #exercises #singapore #sg

Photo Credits:
- Diamond Dash Official Facebook

Comments