Sundown Marathon 2016


Evening peeps, it's Monday again. Oh well, I guess most of the 42km runners have took leave to rest at home today? Yup, I am blogging about my Sundown Marathon 2016 experience. It's the time of the year again! The annual Sundown marathon took place every last weekend of May (If you have realised the trend from past years). This year, the run welcomed roughly 27,600 runners (Today, 30 May 2016). This year is Sundown's ninth edition in the series. I think it'll be even bigger next year since it's Sundown's 10th Year Anniversary. Probably, Mr Adrian will plan something surprising for loyal runners? Hahas.

If you wondering who is Mr Adrian, he is the founder of the Sundown Marathon series and the managing director of Hivelocity. That aside, this year, I took part in the 21km catagory too. Similar to the past few years, the route is well planned with sufficient water points at vital mark like 10km, 14km and so forth. The last water point is just 1 km away from the finishing line! Wow, runners are well hydrated. This year's route took a different approach at the end of the race, instead of the usual run by the Marina Barrage, we climbed the slope of the Barrage for a round before heading to Gardens by the Bay. This year's theme is be Limitless, which is quite similar to the Color of the Night theme 3 years back.

Nevertheless, the finishers are treated with bananas and 100 plus at the end point. The 21km finishers also received a finisher medal. I am really contented with my timing this year. I registered a timing of 2 hours 17 mins which is better than what I have expected! I guess this is one of my best timing yet! The wait for the shuttle bus back home was so long as I finished the race at 2:30 AM while the shuttle bus is only leaving at 4:30 AM. Gosh...

My result slip!


The finisher medal for 21 km runners

Anyway, runners are treated with free movie screenings while waiting for their shuttle bus to leave. At the race village, there are also several sponsors booths such as 100 plus, Osim, SIM university (first year on the list), Civil Service Club (also first time on the list), notable SAFRA Running club and foods/snacks booth too. The village also housed several photo spots and massaging booth too. The queue for the massage is long (As usual). I received a small tube of Counter-Pain when I crossed the finishing line, must thanks those aunties giving out these freebies!

Collect my baggage first!~


Selfies with my finisher medal!


The overview of the race village


The stage and the movie screening



Take a photo first!~

The race pack collection for this year is held at Suntec City Expo and the process was fast too. Is it because that I went during Friday? This year goodies bag is quite normal. Runners are entitled to the usual stuffs such as running singlet, race bib, the big recyclable bag and vouchers from sponsors too. The registration fee cost me S$50.00 as I registered at Standard Chartered Marathon Expo last year. One good thing about registering at the show is because I get to enjoy another free running singlet.

Race Collection Expo!~


This year's goodies

I guess that's pretty much about this post? I hope I have covered much about the race this year! Be sure to drop by soon for more updates!

Click below to read about my experience on the 2015 edition!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2015/07/sundown-marathon-2015.html

#wjalmighty #wjrunning #sundownmarathon #osimsundownmarathon #osimsundownmarathon2016 #singapore #sg #running #jogging #race #events #nightrun

Photos Credits:
- Official Sundown Marathon Facebook

News Credits:
- http://www.todayonline.com/sports/sundown-marathon-proves-hit-1000-more-foreign-runners

Comments