Todaiji


Afternoon peeps! It's Sunday again! I am back for another travel post this time round! This time round, I am blogging about my recent trip to Todaiji, Nara! Todaiji (東大寺) temple is one of the biggest temples in the Nara prefecture and located inside the famous Nara's park. I have seen many of my friends visiting the temple after their close encounters with the cute deers in the park.

Other than being famous in Nara, Todaiji (東大寺) also known as the "Great Eastern Temple" is also one of Japan's most famous and historically significant temples. The temple was constructed in 752 as the head temple of all provincial Buddhist temples of Japan grew so powerful that the capital was moved from Nara to Nagaoka in 784 in order to lower the temple's influence on government affairs. (Cited from Japan-Guide)

On my way to the main shrine, kids tour!~


Everybody goes through this before entering the main shrine


The view of the wooden gate from the main shrine

This temple is about a 30 minute walk from Kintetsu Nara Station or about a 45 minute walk from JR Nara Station. It is quite a long walk but I visited during the autumn season where the weather and temperature was cooling. I took it leisurely while taking photos with the deers and enjoy seeing the deers asking for the deer crackers from other tourists. The deers's poops were like every where in the park, oh well, it's hard to avoid stepping on them luckily, there are cleaners around the park to clear them.

This buddy is hoping for crackers from me


Deer's poops!


Around the main shrine

Todaiji housed one of Japan's largest bronze statues of Buddha (Daibutsu). It is also one of the main attractions in the temple, I didn't really entered the temple to pray which I regretted not doing so during my visit. But you guys should really go inside to explore and pray. The temple is opened daily from 0800 hrs to 1630 hrs on average and the timing differs over the months. Click out the timing through this link, "www.Japan-Guide.com".


This Buddha's palm is as tall as me! Placed at the entrance of the temple museum.

Overall, I am contented with the trip and I hope I have more time at Nara so that I can have a cup of coffee or something. Nevertheless, I hope you guys also enjoyed reading this travel post and sure to drop by soon next week for another weekly post! :)

One of my fave shots during my visit


Selfies!!


One of the combini(s) that housed the Nara's mascot!


Story Closed on 01.05.2016

#wjalmighty #travelogues #travels #japan #nara #todaiji #temples #placestogo #thingstosee #thingstoexpect

Comments