Kinkakuji


Evening peeps! It's Tuesday! I am back for another weekly update! Well...It's been a week since my last update. I am busy over the weekends and thus, didn't have the time to update my blog. Anyway, I will be blogging about my visit to Kinkakuji (金閣寺) in this post. I hope you guys will like it.

Entrance to the temple

Kinkakuji is one of the most popular attractions in Kyoto. One shouldn't miss this if he/she ever dropped by Kyoto. The temple is painted with gold paint and it's well-maintained. To reach the temple, simply take Bus 205 (Platform B, Stop 3) from JR Kyoto station and alight at Kinkakuji Michi (金閣寺道). The ride will take roughly 15 to 20 minutes. The entrance fees to the temple cost ¥400 which I think it's quite worth it.

My ticket to the temple


The golden temple!


Pond that surround the temple


Beautiful autumn leaves

Kinkakuji is a Zen temple in northern Kyoto whose top two floors are completely covered in gold leaf. Formally known as Rokuonji, the temple was the retirement villa of the shogun Ashikaga Yoshimitsu, and according to his will it became a Zen temple of the Rinzai sect after his death in 1408. - Cited from Japan-Guide.com

The golden temple is easily spotted once entered the main gate. You can take your time taking photos from different angles too, hahas. There is this walking path around the main premise which leads to the Fudo Hall, souvenir stores and small garden. I recommend staying at this attraction for at least 40 minutes to completely get the experience. Overall, I enjoyed my visit here and I hope this post will give you all more insights on planning your trip.

Buy your charms here!~


Spotted this Eel stone?


Kinkakuji from afar



Here, you can buy souvenirs


Pavement to the exit


Fudo Hall (Praying time)


More souvenir stores!

Story Closed on 07.06.2016.

#wjalmighty #travelogues #travels #japan #kyoto #kinkakuji #goldentemple #goldenpavillion #thingstodo #thingstosee #thingstoexpect

Comments