TPS Jurong Lake Run 2016


Evening peeps! It's Friday, I just came back from gym earlier. Last Sunday, I took part in "The Performance Series - Lake" run. Since it's walkable from my home, I signed up without hesitating. Besides, this will be the last race held at Jurong Lake before it undergo renovations.

Registration fee for the race is S$55, this includes a goodies bag, running tee, finisher tee and finisher medal too. The race pack collection was held at City Square Mall, Farrer Park on the weekends 2 weeks before the race. It appeared that this race is very popular among many runners, I queued for roughly 15 minutes or so before it reached my turn to collect my race pack. There are only 2 or 3 booths at the collection village. If I remember correctly, there is nothing much there. I would recommend you guys go to the newly opened, Decathlon instead.

At the collection village


The race pack

The race also do sales for shuttle bus services to race venue on the race day if you are staying elsewhere in Singapore. The starting and ending point is at the race village. Like the previous Coney Island run, the run is a 2-loop run for 10km runners. The route has 3 water points if remember correctly but only one of the point provide mineral water while the others provide isotonic drinks. My short 10km started off on around 6:45 AM and ended around 8:00 AM. I am pretty satisfied with my result, it's below an hour.

Aerial shot, credits to Just Run lah's photographers!


At the race village, pretty compact, I must say


One of the nice shots I took


The finisher medal!


My result, seems average but I am contented. :)

Overall, I am bit turned off at the beginning because the walk to the starting point and baggage point requires me to cross a stretch of muddy grass-patch. Nevertheless, I did enjoyed my run. I definitely will take part in another Jurong Lake Run in the future!~

Story Closed on 01.07.2016.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #juronglakerun #juronglake #theperformanceseries #lake #singapore #sg #running #jogging #marathon #race

Photo Credits:
- https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7310/27882332562_4cc7b74f28_b.jpg
- https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7555/27906621231_433135a949_b.jpg

Comments