4 Cafes to Visit in Kuala Lumpur


Evening peeps! It's Sunday, I am back for another quick post! Today, I will be sharing 4 cafes which I visited during my short getaway last weekend. My short getaway starts from 6 Aug 16 to 8 Aug 16, I also took part in the SCKLM 2016 during this trip. I have blogged about my run earlier and I hope this post will be a nice follow up!~

1. Merchant's Lane


Firstly, I would like to recommend my first cafe for the trip! Merchant's Lane! It is a really popular cafe and many Singaporean bloggers also recommended and thumbs this cafe up too. The cafe is on the second floor of a shop house building. It is quite big with about 2 rooms of seating spaces. During my stay, I had the "breakfast" which is quite a huge portion! I also ordered a glass of "Flat White" too. The menu has several cute names for their dishes too. The staffs were friendly and the services provided was good too. The pricing is quite affordable, at around S$10.00, you can have a decent meal.

My tasty brunch


150, Jalan Petaling, City Centre, 50000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Weekdays: 1130 hrs ~ 2200 hrs
Weekends: 0930 hrs ~ 2200 hrs
(Closed on Wednesdays)

2. LOKL Coffee Co.


On the second spot of this list is LOKL Coffee Co. This cafe is much smaller in terms of scale, however, I noted that the cafe is an extension of a guesthouse so it's understandable that the size is smaller. It was really crowded during my visit due to that most of the visitors are the runners from SCKLM. Well, I am quite happy that I have finished the run earlier and be able to bath before coming down. The cafe is quite far away from my hotel but I still manage to find this one. During my stay, I have had the "Big Breakfast" too, this time round with "Ice Mocha". It was a really hot and warm day afterall. The services and staffs were friendly and good. Although, they are overwhelmed by the crowd earlier, they are still being professional in their jobs.

Breakfast!


30, Jalan Tun H S Lee, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Opens Daily: 0800 hrs ~ 1800 hrs

3. VCR


In the number 3 spot, I visited VCR. This cafe is big as the owners own the whole shop house! Though painted black on the exterior, the interior of the cafe is not as pitch black as you think. I was greeted by a sleepy cat at the entrance of the cafe too. With 2 levels of seating area, it's quite spacious. The staffs were good and foods tasted great too. Pricing wise, VCR is charge much steeper than the other 3 cafes I mentioned in this post. However, the food portion was really big and I am really full after my brunch. I ordered the "Big Breakfast" too with a cup of mocha.

Another satisfying meal!


2, Jalan Galloway, Bukit Bintang, 50150 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Opens Daily: 0830 hrs ~ 2300 hrs

4. Boxes Cafe


Finally, I come to the last cafe I visited for the trip. The cafe is set up by using shipping containers (Those you see in shipyards). Thus, the origin of the cafe's name. The cafe is built very homely as there are sofas and swings. As I was still full from the brunch from VCR, I only ordered their salad and matcha latte this time round. It was a quiet afternoon and there are little to not 1 customer in the cafe. The staffs were friendly, for utensils, it's self-service so you have to get off your seat to get them. Unlike the 3 cafes I mentioned, it seems that Boxes Cafe is one of the new kids in town. So far, I did not found out any Singaporean bloggers post about it yet.

Tasty salad to wrap up my trip!~


No 2, Jalan Hang Tuah, Bukit Bintang City Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Weekdays: 1000 hrs ~ 2200 hrs
Weekends: 0800 hrs ~ 2200 hrs

I have come to the end of this short post and I hope you guys like this post and help to share it with your fellow friends whom are travelling to Kuala Lumpur soon. These cafes are all located within the city as I did not travel out of the city during my stay. I hope those whom are travelling to KL and wanted try out some cafe hopping, maybe this post will help you out a bit.

Story Closed on 14.08.2016

#wjalmighty #weeklyposts #weeklyupdates #foods #breakfast #lunch #brunch #cafes #thingstoeat #travels #kualalumpur #kl #malaysia #my #cafehopping

Comments