Maizuru Park


Evening peeps! It's Monday. I am back for another weekly update. Before I type further, I am sorry for the late update. I hope this short post will make up for it. Anyway, in this post, I will be sharing about my visit to Maizuru Park, Fukuoka. The park which also housed the old Fukuoka's castle ruins.

Maizuru park is just right opposite of the famous Ohori park. So, it's about 5 to 10 mins to reach Maizuru park from Ohori park. The park start out with a slope, climbing up the slope, you will see the castle ruins. This park is extremely popular among locals during the spring season due to Hanami (花見). The view from the top of the ruins is really fantastic. I totally enjoyed myself.

Selfies


The view from the top

Not far away from the ruins, I wandered to a small garden area, Peony Garden where I saw some sakura trees and other dry plants. Entry to this garden is free which I think it's really worth my time walking around here. At the time I was there, most of the rare Sakura has already fallen off the trees. Pretty pity but I still managed to catch glimpse of late bloomers too. The garden open daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

The garden map


Collage photo for the visit

There are benches and seats around the park. Amenities such as toilet and vending machines are also available too. I think it's a good place to relax yourself and spend the morning if you are dropping by Fukuoka someday. To wrap up this post, the park nearest subway station is "Ohori Park" station (大濠公園駅). Once you reached the station, take exit (3) to Ohori Park and walk about 10 minutes to Maizuru Park.

On the way to the castle ruins

Story Closed on 12.09.2016.

#travelogues #wjalmighty #travels #japan #fukuoka #ohoripark #maizurupark #fukuokajou #fukuokacastleruins #spring #hanami #thingstosee #thingstodo

Comments