Newton Challenge 2016


Evening peeps! It's Sunday, I am back for another quick weekly update. I am so sorry that I didn't managed to post a new one last week. But hopefully, this post will make up for it, yea? Hahas. So early this morning, I took part in the annual event, Newton Challenge. I participated in the 21km category and I was really looking forward to it since it's my last 21km run for the year and my first Newton Challenge Run.

The race pack collection at the expo held at Velocity, Novena was a good experience. The expo sees few sports exhibitor tents that includes notable brands such as 2XU and Pocari Sweat. Nevertheless, I collected my race pack within minutes! The staff were friendly too. This year race pack was quite worth the registration fees I paid for (S$55.00). In the pack, runners get the usual race bib, timing chip, Newton running singlet, socks and some vouchers.

Race pack collection


This year's race pack

Back to the race. The baggage deposit counters are well organised and that the volunteers were really helpful and friendly to help me with my baggage too. I seldom comment on baggage deposit service but Newton's one was quite nice probably because of the prompt location which is right nearby the starting point of the race. The running route for 21km runners was spotted with sufficient water points. The route was also dotted with beautiful scenery around the South-East island which includes the usual East Coast Park, Gardens by the Bay and our notable 5-star hotel, MBS. :)

Finishers for both categories, 21km and 32km respectively received a finisher tee and a finisher medal once crossed the finishing line. Runners were also treated with photobooth, photo spots, foods, drinks, ice cream, beancurd, fruits and live-band performance too. Not to mention that runners are also entitled to the free massage at the massage booth! The race village was quite wide scale considering that the venue was quite small. I really enjoyed my run this morning and that I even broke my own personal best too! My first time for a 21km run to hit below 2 hours 15 mins! I am so happy!!

This year's medal


Selfies after the race!


Breakfast!!



The race village


Live-band!


Last photo for the day!


My result for the run!

I guess I have wrapped up the running experience here. Do drop by soon for the next post! :)

Story Closed on 30.10.2016.

#wjalmighty #weeklypost #weeklyupdate #newtonchallenge2016 #newtonrunning #wjrunning #running #jogging #marathon #Singapore #sg

Comments