Your Name. (2016)


Evening peeps! It's Friday, hmm...Weekly update came early! This week has been quite a short week for me as I am on exam leave on Wednesday. Right after my paper, I headed down to Jurong Point to catch the popular animation film in Japan, Your Name. also known as 『君の名は。』! Just within a week since its Japan release date, the film has made it to the top 10 movies on Japanese box office. Now the film has finally come to the shore of Singapore. Being a fan of Japanese culture and Japan as a whole, I definitely don't wanted to miss this too.

So I used my birthday 1-for-1 voucher for the movie and brought my sister along. We really enjoyed the movie. The movie was about 100 mins long, it's not a long-winded story and I think it's perfect. The songs, animations and the storyline were great too. Anyway, the story revolves around the lead characters namely Taki and Mitsuha. Since the interference from the meteor strike onto Mitsuha's town, Itomori-machi (糸森町), both Taki and Mitsuha switched bodies in their dreams.

Happy me!


Screen grab from the movie

During this period of time, there is a 3-year difference in their timeline. Thus, when Mitsuha went to find Taki in Tokyo that time, Taki doesn't know Mitsuha since he only met her 3 years later. That said, during the dream switch, Mitsuha actually traveled back in time. The story also touched on some Japanese ritual that is in relation between the switching of bodies and timeline. It's quite confusing at first but eventually my sister and I get the idea.

Interview with the founder of the film


Now the places which caught in scenes in the film are superb attractive!

Credits to Ryuuu TV! Subscribe to their channel if you love Japanese culture!

The movie eventually ended with Taki and Mitsuha being together, a sweet ending. There are funny moments and sad times in the movie. My hair was standing when it comes to the part where Taki and Mitsuha aren't able to see one another...I guess I shall not spoil you guys further then. Remember to catch the movie in theatre before they are off screen. :)

Movie's Trailer

Story Closed on 18.11.2016.

Photo Credits:
- http://pm1.narvii.com/6218/3b27bd76737c86cb91e96f2fe8554e99867a554e_hq.jpg
- http://www.nautiljon.com/images/anime/screenshots/00/97/2468.jpg
- https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-59H6TGPuTMY/VnTJXZPdspI/AAAAAAAAuqw/KB6Mn0ijAGA/s640-Ic42/vlcsnap-00005.png
- http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max1000x1500/cms/news/100167/kiminonawa03.jpg
- http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/2016/10/27/kimi-no-na-wa.jpg


#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #movies #japanesefilms #yourname #kiminoha #mustwatchthisyear #japanesemovies #singapore #sg

Comments