21-Day Challenge December 2016


Afternoon peeps! It's Friday again! I am so sorry for updating my blog late again. I am back here to blog about my recent running challenge. This is the first time I took up a 21-day challenge. This challenge was organised by 42race and this is my 2nd run with 42race.

As the title of the challenge suggested, runners have to finish a certain distances within 21 days to complete the challenge. The challenge have 4 categories for runners to choose namely 20km, 50km, 100km and 200km. For me, 100km is really insane enough but it's not impossible though. Anyway, I took part in the mid-range 50km as I am not a really hardcore runner. I prefer to enjoy my runs than running to get the medal.

Boston Marathon's Runbase

The registration for the challenge cost me S$9.90 and each runners are entitled to a finisher badge after completing the challenge. The race is organised so to commemorate Boston marathon thus, the design of the finisher badge is based on unicorn. Due to the Christmas season, my badge was delivered to me 2 - 3 days after I completed my challenge. For me, I went to Daiso to get a ribbon-like strap to pin the badge so it looks like a medal. There are many other variations of the ribbon strap at Daiso. I hope this idea will also help other runners too, hahas!

My finisher certificate


The finisher badge/medal

In additionally, all participants are also entitled to enter a lucky draw once registered for the challenge. There are 50 lucky winners whom will get to win a race bib belt (worth S$29.90). Nevertheless, it was considered quite fast to me. I will be starting 2017 with my first run with 42race again! I have come to end of this short post. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post too. Do drop by soon for more posts! Cheers!

Story Closed on 30.12.2016

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdate #weeklypost #wjrunning #bostonmarathon #singapore #sg #chasingunicorns #21daychallenge #42race #running #virtualruns #marathon #jogging

Photo Credits:
- https://virtual-race-submissions.s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/images/011216-21Day-banner-jpg-lp318112016-03704
- https://c.o0bg.com/rf/image_1920w/Boston/2011-2020/2015/04/16/BostonGlobe.com/Business/Images/Tlumacki_runbase_business047a.jpg

Comments