New Year Resolution Run 2017


Evening peeps! It's Sunday! I am back for another weekly post. Speaking of which, this is my first post in 2017! Wees!! Anyway, last week, I took part in the New Year Resolution Virtual Run organised by 42race. It's my first run for the year, this time round, I took part in the 10km category.

There are 4 categories available namely, 5km fun run, 10km, 21km and 42km competitive categories. All runners are awarded with an exclusive stamp-medal which the runner can dip it onto any ink-pad and use it to stamp/chope the design onto greeting cards/paper. It's quite a unique idea and thus, without hesitation, I signed up for the race. For early registration, runners enjoyed free engraving of their names onto the medal too. The registration fees cost me S$9.90.

My digital race bib for the run

Virtual runs are rising in trend and I can see more and more runners taking part in these kind of races recently. The benefits of running in a virtual run is that the runner can choose where and what time to run which means, you need not wake up like superb early in the morning and travel to Singapore's downtown to run a marathon. However, the down side is that you have to bring your own water to hydrate yourself. In additionally, you are to use your phone/watches to time and record your distance ran throughout the run. Nevertheless, I don't think this is a problem/issue for runners since we usually will bring our phones or watches when we go for our runs/workouts.

My e-Certificate for the race!


My finisher medal and postcards!

For this time round, I ran during late morning and it was really tiring. My timing was not as good too, hmm...Guess I have to choose a proper timing next time. Anyway, I managed to come under an hour for this 10km run too so I am pretty contented with the result. I have roughly wrapped up my experience for the run. I hope you guys have enjoyed reading this post, do you have any new resolution for this year?

Story Closed on 08.01.2017

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklypost #Singapore #Sg #42race #wjrunning #virutalrun #newyearresolutionrun #marathon #running #jogging

Comments