Japan Rail Cafe, Singapore


Afternoon peeps! It's Sunday again and I am back for another weekly update! In this post, I will be sharing my visit to the Japan Rail Cafe. The cafe is ran by JR East (Japan Railways East). JR East is one of the children companies under the JR group of companies. The Japan Railways group consist of various companies which each of them governs different railway in the different regions of Japan. For example, JR East will manage the Kanto region while JR Kyushu will manage the Kyushu region of Japan. Okay, without further introduction, let's get started with the post!

The cafe's front

The Japan Rail Cafe is located at Tanjong Pagah Centre which is right above the MRT station. The cafe has a simplistic feel and the ambience is really good. You can spot railways decorative on the ceiling of the cafe that supports the lighting. The cafe also has a merchandise corner where visitors can get information on their next trip to Japan and you can even purchase your Japan Rail Pass here too. The merchandise corner is also ran in conjunction with JTB corporation which is one of the biggest tourism agencies in Japan other than HIS.

Spotted the railway tracks?


Some of the merchandises selling at the corner


One of the pillars in the merchandise corner, so interesting! Hahas.

I met up with Kevin and Cindy this time round to grab a meal at the cafe. It was a nice meetup, we have a lot of nice chat and we talk about studying and working in Japan which I don't have. Well, I really hope I can work in Japan for probably a year or so, maybe getting my Masters there too? Hahas. Anyway, we each ordered a main course and drink.

For me, I had their signature curry rice. The thing here is that you can actually customise the dishes, for example, I chose the sliced pork as my main and side dish as sunny-up egg. All the curry rice comes with salad so it's a fixed side dish, I guess. While Cindy had the famous Kaisen Avocado Don (海鮮アボカド丼). This is the first time I heard about having avocado inside a kaisen don. But I guess it tasted not bad overall since Cindy didn't comment much. Kevin ordered the burger main which I didn't took the photo of it.

JR Cafe's Signature Curry Rice


Notable Kaisen Avocado Don

For the drinks, I recommend trying their Kuromitsu Kinako Latte (黒蜜黄な粉ラテ). The drink is a transformation of Japanese sweets into latte using Kuromitsu (black honey) & Kinako (soybean powder) (Cited from the official website). Cindy and I really enjoyed the drink, it was really nice even without adding sugar.

Kuromitsu Kinako Latte

Every month, the cafe will have something different in their menu depending on the region they are promoting. Overall, we really enjoyed our meal here. The staffs were friendly and at least 50% of them are Japanese. Wow, can drop by here more often to practise your Japanese! Hahas. I pretty much summed up my visit here. Do stay tunned for my next post! Following 2 weeks, I will be in Japan so there won't be any updates but do still come by to check out my other posts if you haven't read them! Anyway, thanks for coming by today and see you all soon!!

Group photo before Cindy going Japan for her Masters!


Japan Rail Cafe
5 Wallich Street, #01-20, Singapore 078883
Opens daily: 1100 hrs - 2100 hrs
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/japanrailcafe
Website: http://www.japanrailcafe.com.sg

Story Closed on 18.06.2017.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #japanrailcafe #japanrailways #japanrailpass #jreast #jtb #singapore #sg

Comments