Korankei


Evening peeps! It's Friday night and I am back for another weekly update. I am so sorry for missing out here. It's been quite some time since I blogged, I believed. I am so busy with assignments and training these days. Nevertheless, I think I can give you all more updates in mid-September! Without further ado, I shall kick start this post!

Korankei (香嵐渓) is one of the popular autumn spots in Toyota City, Aichi prefecture (豊田市、愛知県). Last autumn, I was there and it was a fantastic experience for me. I hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I do. Korankei is pretty remote, I must say. From Nagoya JR station, you need to take subway to Fushimi station (伏見駅) and transfer to the Tsurumai Subway/Meitetsu line (名鉄線). Following that, alight at Jousui station (浄水駅). From the station, you will have to take a bus to Korankei. The whole journey will take about an hour or more but I assure you that it will be worth it.

As I alighted at Korankei's bus stop, I have to walk about 2 - 3 minutes to the actual venue. On the way, I also caught sight of the pretty scenery around the area. Nature lovers like me definitely will enjoy this one! Coming to Korankei during autumn is the best time to enjoy the mini food bazzar and one of the popular snacks is the Goheimochi (五平餅) and they are all around the attraction. This snack is quite large, it's almost half of my face! Okay, it is actually made up of mochi and was grilled to golden brown. It tasted really not bad. Best part, you can enjoy free flow of ocha (お茶) at the bazzar.

One of the pretty autumn trees welcoming me!~


Zoom in of the leaves!


Can't resist for selfies! Hahas.


Walking down the lane to the main park, shops on the side


The red bridge is called Taigetsukyo (待月橋), a symbol of Korankei!


One of the stores at the bazzar


My snack for the day


They sell fruits here too? Omg!

Anyway, it was around 1 or 2 December during my visit and if you think that all the red leaves (紅葉) have fallen, then you are wrong! They are still here!! As I further explored the place, I took a bunch of photos and selfies because it really "wow" me a lot since in Singapore, we will never get to see such sight. There is a shrine inside Korankei which you can visit too. I spent around 2 hours at Korankei before I leave.

Collage of photos at the Shrine


Before I leave, I thought that I would take some photos on the famous bridge


Asukehachimangu (足助八幡宮) is just nearby, remember to drop by too!

The nature reserve is opened daily and since there is no gates or whatsoever, you pretty can visit there anytime. But the shops around the park don't open so early so if you ever want to come here, remember to plan your itinerary well! :)

I have come to the end of this short travel post and I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. I promise I will update my travel posts much frequently so you guys can also enjoy the experiences I had too! Do stay tuned for them soon! Cheers!!~

Story Closed on 01.09.2017.

#wjalmighty #wjtravels #travelogues #japan #jp #aichi #nagoya #korankei #autumn #redleaves #thingstosee #thingstobuy #thingstoeat

Comments