CSC Run by the Bay 2017


Evening peeps! It's Sunday, I am back for another weekly update. I have just completed 2 x 10km run in the beginning of October. I hope my hard work will also inspire you guys to go running too. Hahas. Anyway, in this post, I will be sharing my experience for the recent CSC run which took place on 1 October 2017 (Sunday) at Marina Barrage. This is my second time running with the franchise and I took part in the 10km category this time round too.

Collection of the race package took place in the Civil Service Club main clubhouse at Tessensohn Road. The collection is rather small-scaled but the queue to collect the race package is moving steadily so I collected mine in like 15 ~ 20 minutes despite the long queue. This year's race pack has all the basic essentials like the race bibs and race singlet. As I am in the public sector, I enjoyed special rates for the race. Overall, it cost me S$35.00.

The racepack for this year's race


Unpacking the goodies bag

However, the package doesn't include the shuttle service to the race village on the race day. So, to save some bucks, I purchase the bus pass from Share Transport. It cost me another S$6.00 for the race. The driver was pretty on-time that day and I am glad as I reached Marina Barrage with ample time depositing my race baggage. To my runner friends and readers, I believed that Share Transport will be partnering with many race organiser in the future so, it's better to get the app on your apple store/google play today.

The race was flagged off on time for the 10km category but it was mentioned that the 21km category was delayed due to the rain in the wee hours. Over the course, there are sufficient water points and there are no bottlenecks. I had a good run, but my Garmin watch registered 10.49km when I ended my run. Well, I guess running a little bit more doesn't kill me though as I am preparing for my Newton Challenge coming up on 29 October 2017. Anyway, I ended the run within an hour and managed to maintain my record. Hahas.

Credits to Runningshots!

Finisher for the run are rewarded with banana, drinks, good quality towel and a finisher medal! If you are a 21km runner, you will also get a finisher tee. I enjoyed my run and contented with the goodies from the organiser. I really think the towel is a bonus because I can use it for run and gym.

This year's result


My finisher medal


The towel which was given at the end of the race

Overall, it's a run which is pretty not bad for the price and quality. I think I might wanted to continue with the franchise in the next few years. I have come to the end of this short review post. I hope my run experience will help you to decide on whether to join the race next year. Cheers! And see you guys in the next post!

Story Closed on 15.10.2017.

#wjalmighty #wjrunning #weeklyposts #weeklyupdates #singapore #sg #running #jogging #cscrunbythebay #civilserviceclubrun #sundays

Photo Credits:
- https://www.facebook.com/CSCRun
- https://www.facebook.com/runningshots.sg

Comments