Hakodate


Afternoon peeps, I am back for another weekly update! It’s been weeks since my last update. I am so sorry. Anyway, in this post, I will be posting about my trip to Hakodate last summer. I believed this will helps you guys prepare for your upcoming trip to Hokkaido in July/August? Hahas. Without further ado, let’s start!

Hakodate is located in the Southern part of Hokkaido and it’s the nearest city to Aomori. The weather on average is cooling and cold throughout the year, like Sapporo, cities in Hokkaido experience cooling weather during summer. Hakodate has many to offers from seafoods (due to its location to the sea) to beautiful sight from Mt. Hakodate.

Mount Hakodate is one of the must visits if you ever visit the city. It housed the one of the top night views (夜景) in Japan. The ropeway cost 1,280 yen round trip.

View from Mount Hakodate


Selfie!


Mount Hakodate Ropeway
Daily Operating Hours
25 April ~ 15 October: 1000 hrs ~ 2200 hrs (Last trip back)
16 October ~ 24 April: 1000 hrs ~ 2100 hrs (Last trip back)

Goryokaku (五稜郭) is another popular tourist spot in Hakodate due its the star-shaped geography. This park is huge and you can get really nice bird-eye views from the Goryokaku tower. The entry to the observatory cost about 900 yen.

View from Goryokaku tower


During spring time (Photo credits to Japan-Guide.com)


Goryokaku Tower
Daily Operating Hours
21 April ~ 20 October: 0800 hrs ~ 1900 hrs
21 October ~ 20 April: 0900 hrs ~ 1800 hrs

I also visited Onuma Koen (大沼公園) during my trip to Hakodate. It was bad due to the weather, all I see is fog and mist. The park is one of the biggest parks in Hakodate and probably considered as a nature reserve. There is no entry fees, so I definitely recommend coming here. You can try the miso ramen here if you are hungry, I think it’s not bad.

Onuma Koen station front


Mount Komagatake (駒が岳) covered in mist and fog


Pretty reflection


Miso Ramen for lunch

Another must-visit spot in Hakodate is the Red Brick Warehouse district. These warehouses now houses souvenirs stores, cafes and restaurants. For shopping lovers, it's one of the places which you don't wanted to miss in Hakodate.

Street of the district


Click below to read more about my trip to Red Brick Warehouse district!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2018/03/hakodate-red-brick-warehouse.html

For foods, try the seafoods here. The yubari melons are also very recommended. Milk are also tasty throughout Hokkaido. During my Hakodate trip, I had milk like every day? Hahas. I have come to the end of this short travel post. I hope my experience here will give you some insights on your trip to Hakodate! Do stay tuned for my next travel post on Sapporo!

Yubari melons!

Story Closed on 25.02.2018.

Photo Credits:
- https://www.japan-guide.com/thumb/XYZeXYZe5350_1680.jpg

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #travelogues #travels #wjtravels #willistravels #japan #jp #hokkaido #hakodate #thingstodo #thingstobuy #thingstoeat

Comments