Ippudo


Evening peeps! It's Monday again. Sorry for the delay in updating my blog. Anyway, I just finished my JLPT N3 yesterday. I really pray hard to score well for this paper though. Putting that aside, in this post, I shall share about one of my faves (if not my number one pick) ramen restaurants in Singapore. It's Ippudo (一風堂)! So I tried Ippudo in both Japan and Singapore outlets, to me, I feel they are quite similar just that Singapore's fare is double what's selling in Japan. (私にとって、だいたい同じのようです。)

2 of the most popular and best-seller ramen(s) of Ippudo is none other that its "Aka Maru" and "Shiroi Maru". Both are selling at the same price, I think around $20.00 (Inclusive of tax and service charge). I would recommend to pick up the "Akai Maru" or "Shiroi Maru" special with addition of 2 more pieces of Cha-Siew, soft-boiled egg and seaweed. It's also much more worth it too.

Shiroi Maru Special

Other than Ramen, Ippudo Singapore also offers light snacks which I think Japan's outlets have. Of course, the usual Gyoza(s) are still available in both Singapore and Japan's menu. But I think their Pork Bun is something which the Japanese outlets doesn't offer. Their drink menus includes the usual ocha and of course beer!

Pork Bun

Before I end off this post, I would like to share a bit of what I know about the Ramen restaurant. Ippudo is originated in Hakata, Fukuoka (Hometown of the Ramen). This is also where Ichiran and other popular ramen was born and spread across Japan. With Santouka and Sumire being extremely popular in Hokkaido (North of Japan), Ippudo and Ichiran are also familiar names in the South of Japan. I would probably do an entry for Santouka anytime soon. Hahas.

Ippudo @ Hakata City


Shiroi Maru

Recently, Uniqlo did a collaboration with several Ramen restaurants in Singapore and came out with Tees depicting the ramen of each restaurant. Without hesitating, I went to get them when they are going on sales. I bought the "Shiroi Maru" tee by Ippudo. Ippudo also has the "Aka Maru" one too but it's red so it's hard to match clothes. I am really happy that I bought it as it was really nice.

Uniqlo X Ippudo

Yes, I guess I shall stop my words here then. Thanks for reading till the very end. Be sure to be back as I will be starting to blog about my summer trip to Japan really soon! Cheers!

Story Closed on 02.07.2018.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #ippudo #Singapore #sg #iweeklyfoods #japanesecuisine #dinner #lunch #orchardroad #shawhouse

Photo Credits:
- http://www.ippudo.com.sg/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ippudo-theme/img/PorkBun.jpg
- http://www.ippudo.com.sg/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ippudo-theme/images/top/bg_menu.jpg

Comments