Kawagoe (2017)


Afternoon peeps! I am back for another weekly update. In this short travel post, I will be blogging about my last summer trip to Kawagoe (川越). Kawagoe city is located in the Saitama prefecture and it's the key place of interest for Saitama prefecture. Recently, it's gaining popularity among Taiwan tourists especially the summer season. The reason, Wind chimes! During summer, one of the popular places to see these wind chimes is Kawagoe.

Wind Chimes @ Kawagoe Hikawa Shrine

It's been 4 years since my last visit to Kawagoe. This time round, I paid a visit to the popular Kitain (喜多院) which is one of the attractions in Kawagoe. The place is really peaceful during weekdays and there are little people around. I took a lot of photos around the area. During early summer, there are hydrangeas blooming around the shrine which make this trip really worthy. There are the usual amenities such as restroom and benches around which make this attraction a nice rest stop before heading to your next destination.

Kitain


Other parts of the shrine


More hydrangeas


After my visit to Kitain, I dropped by the main attractions of Kawagoe, Kurazukuri No Machi (蔵造りの町). This is where the old buildings are located and the main attraction here is the bell tower (時の鐘) which will ring every day at 12 pm and every 3 hours from then. I visited the Kashiya Yokocho (菓子屋横丁), here the lanes are narrower and the roof of the houses are lower too. Well, it's an interesting sight to see and it's free to stroll through.

On the streets of Kurazukuri No Machi


Another pretty sight on the street, the bell tower oversees the town


Selfies with the bell tower


Inside the tower premises


Kashiya Yokocho

Since it's summer, I settled for lunch at one of the restaurants here. It's cold soba with grilled mochi. It's really tasty, it cost me about S$12.00 for a meal at these touristy areas but it's still affordable in my opinion. Another one of the must-buys here in my opinion, it's the turtle-shaped pancake which is right in front of the bus stop going back to Kawagoe Station.

Lunch


The popular turtle-shaped pancake!

I have come to the end of this short travel post. I really hope you guys enjoyed reading this one too. Anyway, before I end off this post, all the attractions mentioned in this post can be reached by taking the Kawagoe loop bus. You can also get the 1-day ticket (乗車券) at ¥500 which most people did as 1-way trip cost ¥200. And to get to Kawagoe, simply take the Tobu line from Ikekuburo station and alight at Kawagoe station.

One of the popular spots in Kawagoe


Take this loop bus with the 1-day ticket


You can read more about my previous trip by clicking the link below!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2013/09/kawagoe-old-town.html

Story Closed on 29.07.2018.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #willistravels #wjtravels #japan #jp #saitama #Kawagoe #thingstosee #thingstodo #thingstobuy #thingstoeat

Photo Credits:
- https://www.pref.saitama.lg.jp/chokotabi-saitama/eng/whats/images/furin.jpg

Comments