Harajuku (2017)


Evening peeps! It's Sunday and I am back for another weekly update. In this short travel post, I will be sharing about my visit to Harajuku last summer. Harajuku (原宿) is probably one of the most popular spots in Tokyo. To get to Harajuku, it's either you walk from Shibuya which is a really long walk or you can take a train on the JR Yamanote line (山手線) and alight straight at Harajuku. There are 2 main exits, one which give you access right in front of Takeshita street (竹下通り) and one which is nearer to Meiji Shrine (明治神宮).

Takeshita Street

My first stop is nonetheless, the Meiji Shrine. It's probably one of the must-visits on my list whenever I pay a visit to Harajuku. The scenic walk to the main shrine and greeneries surrounding the walkway was breath-taking every single time I visit. I believed this was my 3rd visit to the shrine. Nothing much changed but still love and enjoyed my stay here.

I will never forget to take this shot when I am heading to Meiji Shrine


The big Tori gate welcoming visitors


Famous rows of Japanese Sake barrels


The Shrine

Right next to the shrine will the Yoyogi Park (代々木公園) which is another popular spot in Harajuku. It is extremely popular during the spring season where people would gather and enjoy the Hanami (花見). This time round, it was drizzling, I was walking around taking photos of all the flowers I could find. Hahas.

At the front of the park


Beautiful flowers in the park

Coming to Harajuku also meant a lot good shopping places such as Daiso (which is probably one of the biggest ones in Tokyo), Wego and many other small shops. I will never miss visiting their Daiso and Wego during my visit. Here, you can also spot the Line Friends store, American Eagle, Tommy Hilfiger, Forever 21 and many big names. Harajuku is also probably one of the places where many hair salons can be spotted. It's a heaven full of shopping and fashion stuffs.

Inside Line store


A lot of shopping done that day

As such, be prepared to spend quite some money here. Food wise, there are several cafes and restaurants in Harajuku. One of the cafes which I visited this trip is the newly opened Dominque Ansel Bakery. During my trip, it was one of the trending cafes in Tokyo and the café is full of ladies, I am feeling a bit out of place there. Since I visited in the early summer, I also catch glimpse of beautiful hydrangea across the café. It was lucky for me? Hahas. I also had lunch at the Ichiran's Harajuku outlet. That, I guess need not much introduction.

Lunch at Ichiran


Dominique Ansel


Dominque Ansel
東京都渋谷区神宮前5-7-14
Open daily: 1000 hrs ~ 1900 hrs
Website: http://dominiqueanseljapan.com

Selfies with the hydrangeas

I definitely enjoyed my trip to Harajuku last summer. I hope my information here can help you plan your visit next time! Take cares and be sure to drop by soon for another weekly update!

Story Closed on 26.08.2018.

Click onto the below link to read about my previous visit! :D
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2015/08/harajuku-2015.html

#wjalmighty #weeklyudpates #weeklyposts #wjtravels #willistravels #travelogues #japan #jp #tokyo #harajuku #thingstodo #thingstobuy #thingstosee #thingstoeat

Comments