2XU Singapore Run 2018


Evening peeps, it's Monday! I am back for another weekly update. Well, last Saturday, I took part in the 2XU Singapore Run 2018. You guys must be thinking, "Eh? I thought the run was over since April?". Yup, this is another 2XU sponsored run and organised by another organiser (Epic ESR). Anyway, the registration fees is S$57.00 which includes 1 2XU running singlet, 1 2XU finisher tee and the finisher medal. It's not a very expensive run considering the goodies.

Men's Entitlement


Women's Entitlement

The rack pack collection was smooth and fast. I bought my running tights for the run and preparing for the 42K this end of year. This is probably my most expensive investment in my running activities so far. However, since I had never wore tights to run long distances before, I suffered bad cramps after the run! :(

Race Pack Collection @ Marina Square


The race pack.

This run was one of the bad to so-so runs for the year. The run took across East Coast Park and during the evening, there are so many people having BBQ parties, picnics, cycling and doing their own running. Though it doesn't affect me much, I believed many people were a bit put off by the people crossing, cycling along the running route. The next worst thing about the run is the lack of water points for the 21K route. This is probably one of the weaknesses about the organiser.

After the run, finisher was treated with banana, cup of water and the finisher medal. Yes, cup of water instead of bottles! I believed everyone were so dehydrated that evening and I never thought that the organiser can fail even at the last part of the race! They cannot even provide sufficient drinking water to the runners. The only good points which pull the race review up is probably the quality of the 2XU apparels. Other than that, it is probably one of worse experiences I had with running a 21K race.

The finisher medal

Anyway, the race was overall okay. But I am looking forward to the Standard Chartered Marathon this December and hopefully, I can finish the race within the cut-off time. This is probably my first marathon and last? Hahas. Cheers and do check out my blog soon for another series of travelogues to Japan!

Story Closed on 08.10.2018.

Photo Credits:
- https://www.justrunlah.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/IMG_20181006_180637-696x432.jpg
- Spacebib.com

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdate #weeklypost #wjrunning #running #jogging #singapore #sg #2xusgrun2018 #justrunlah #runsociety #42race

Comments