Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2018


Evening peeps! It's Sunday, as promised that I will be back for another 2 more posts before the end of the year! Hahas. In this short post, I will sharing about my virgin 42 kilometres full marathon experience with Singapore Marathon 2018! I am really proud of myself as I finished my first marathon in 5 hours and 23 minutes! As a beginner and first timer, I believed this is really a good result. At first, I was really hesitated to join the marathon category as it seems so impossible to me. But after this race, I probably wouldn't be so afraid of it the next time round.

Anyway, all runners are entitled to an Under Armour running singlet, a pair of sunglasses, complimentary Run magazine, a mini tube of Tiger Balm Active cream, a pack of coffee sachet, some random vouchers and a drawstring bag to house all these goodies. If you are a Standard Chartered card holder, you get 15% off the regular race fees. So it's quite worth it, I believed? The race pack collection was held at Marina Bay Sands and collection process was quick and prompt. I also got myself some energy gel as this is my first time running so long, better stock up some energy along the run.

To get to the race village, runners can either take a cab to the city area then walk over or book the shuttle bus by Sharetransport at S$6.00 per ticket. As I missed the shuttle bus booking period, I have to 'Grab' down to the city and walk over. Well, I took it as a leisure warm up before the race. Hahas.

Race pack collection!


This year's race goodies

This year race took place at F1 Pit and ended at the same place. Along the way, it's like every 2 km mark, there is a water point. I am really very impressed by the logistics and I felt very motivated to run and continue on even after my 21 km mark. Finishers are treated with cold towel, banana, drinks and Lays Potato chips! All marathon finisher are awarded with an Under Armour finisher tee and a huge medal! I am really happy that I joined the marathon category this year!

Finisher treats!


So many medals! Hahas.

I have come to the end of this year review for the Singapore Marathon. I hope you guys also enjoyed reading this piece. Be sure to be back next week to read my last post for the year! :D


Finisher photos! :D


A race don't end without a selfie!


Click onto the below link to read about the last review on Singapore Marathon.
https://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2017/12/standard-chartered-singapore-marathon.html

Story Closed on 23.12.2018.

Photo Credits:
- Singapore Marathon Facebook

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #singapore #sg #singaporemarathon #scsm2018 #sundays #wjrunning #running #jogging

Comments