Yunomori Onsen 2018


Evening peeps! It's Sunday and I am finally back for another weekly update. In this post, I will be sharing about my visit to Yunomori Onsen (湯の森). Do you know that this hidden gem was on our shore since 2016? It's my second time to the onsen and this time round, I went alone. It was so much better and I really enjoyed myself there. Mainly, this is for recovering my leg muscles since I ran my first full marathon the day before. I will blog about it before the end of the year! Hahas.

Anyway, I bought my day pass at $40.66 (Including GST). Like Japan onsen, we have to lock our shoes at the entrance of the onsen then check-in our bags. In my opinion, Yunomori Onsen is more similar to those onsens in Tokyo than those in Onsen town like Gero and Beppu/Yufuin. The lack of outdoor hot-spring is one point for all to note. But since Singapore is such a warm place, I won't want an outdoor experience either. Hahas.

Entrance to the Onsen

I think I have not touched on these stuffs before. Some things for all to note too, you have to be naked to enter the bath and no bath towels in the bath. No photos at the changing area and bath. Please clean yourself before entering the bath! (This is important, as we don't want bath in your sweat) And please don't dip in the bath too long as you will faint! By faint, I meant really lose conscious.

There are a total of 4~5 bath available at the onsen facilities namely the Soda, Jet, Bubble, Yufuin (New as of 2018) and the normal hot spring bath. Each bath has different effect on your skin and helps blood circulation which is one way to recover your muscles. The One-day pass also includes rental of 1 x bath towel, 1 x small towel, 1 set of Yukata. The amenities also comes in full package like those in Japan, Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Gel and so forth. Oh, one thing different is that toothbrushes are chargeable. I brought my own though.

Locker is assigned to you after you check in


Makeup area


Shower area

After my bath, I had my lunch at the Spa café. Here, there are variety of foods but mainly Japanese dishes. From ramen to rice bowls, you will be satisfied with the menu. Price ranges under S$20 for a decent meal. Milk after onsen is a must and each bottle cost about $3.80, slighty steep but was good. I ordered the beef bowl and the salad's portion was quite big. No complains as I think it's worth every penny paid.

Selfie in my Yukata


My lunch


Christmas deco at the café

After lunch, I went to the lounge to rest while reading my Japanese book. It was a peaceful and quiet place to chill an afternoon away and since it's Monday, there are no crowd. I totally enjoyed myself. Total damage for the visit is about S$65. Since it's quite steep, I believed I will only visit them once a year and it must be a rainy day. I have come to the end of this post, I hope you guys enjoyed reading this piece and I hope I will be back soon to wrap up my year and the review for Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon.

The lounge


Yunomori Onsen & Spa
Kallang Wave Mall 1 Stadium Place, #02-17
Contact: 6386 4126
Open daily: 1000 hrs ~ 2300 hrs
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/yunomorisingapore
Website: https://www.yunomorionsen.com/singapore

Story Closed on 16.12.2018.

Photo Credits:
- Yunomori Facebook

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #hotspring #onsen #singapore #sg #thingstodo #thingstoeat

Comments