Canal City (2017)


Afternoon peeps! It's Sunday again. I am back for another weekly update. In this post, I will be sharing about my visit to Hakata's Canal City. This is one of the most popular spots in Fukuoka and right beside the mall, it's the famous Yatai street (屋台). Naturally, many tourists would flock here. Canal City housed most outlets of notable apparel brands such as Uniqlo, H&M and so forth.

The mall got popular due to its unique structure and water fountain shows. From time to time, there would be entertainment shows held in front of its fountains too. People can come here for shopping, have a good meal and watch these shows. One of the cafes here, Moomin Café is apparently quite popular among the locals and tourists. A simple meal cost around S$20.00 which I feel still much affordable than Character cafes in Singapore. One of the main reasons of the popularity is the Free Flow of breads and buns (パンの食べ放題). Came to Japan alone? Fear not, the staff would place a Moomin character plushie on your table to make you feel that you are not alone.

The café front


Merchandises


Selfie


My lunch

Canal City housed one of the biggest Muji stores in Fukuoka. This Muji outlet has much extensive collections of furniture and housewares. Definitely, one of the must-see stores in Canal City. Other than Muji, notable Disney store can also be found here. It housed most Disney goods and great place to shop gifts for your kids and girlfriends.

Muji


Disney Store


Taito Station


Jump Shop

I feel Canal City is one of the malls which one shouldn't miss if ever visit Fukuoka or Kyushu. That sum up my recent trip to Canal City, I very much enjoyed myself. I will be back this coming November and will return to Moomin café for a nice meal. Hahas. Thanks for reading this post, be sure to be back for another travelogue!

Canal City


Click below to read about my previous trip!
https://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2016/08/canal-city.html

Story Closed on 27.01.2019.

#wjalmighty #weeklyposts #weeklyupdates #travelogues #wjtravels #willistravels #japan #jp #kyushu #fukuoka #hakata #canalcity #thingstodo #thingstosee #thingstoeat #autumn

Comments