Daikozenji


Afternoon peeps, it's Sunday. As promised, I am back here for another weekly update. In today's post, I will sharing about my trip to Daikozenji (大興善寺), a temple located in the Saga prefecture. It's my first time visiting the prefecture and this time round, my uncle drove me and the other guests to this very pretty temple where it is really popular during the Autumn season.

Here, the trees were amazingly tall and housed pretty views of the autumn season. I can't wait to be back soon. Anyway, it took us about 20 minutes or so to the temple by car. We came from Akitsuki straight, by the way which may be why it's so much nearer. I have not researched about the temple so I have no idea how to reach there by public transport. For this, I cannot help you guys. Sorry. :(

Rice field and away from the cities


Greeted by this scene after climbing up


To the top!

But this is probably one of the prettiest autumn places in Saga and I recommend to come at least once if you ever reside around the Saga prefecture. The temple like many other temples in Japan has the usual amenities such as restroom and vending machines. There are also small shops along the way to the temple which you can get some light snacks.

Like other temple in Japan, you can buy Ema (絵馬) here too!


A mini fountain/waterfall? Hahas.


They say this is one of the must-take shots at the temple


One of the prettiest autumn skies here?


Ginnan leaves (銀杏葉)


大興善寺
〒841-0203 佐賀県三養基郡基山町園部 3628

We stayed here for about an hour before we left for home. I had a nice day trip with my uncle and the guests. It was really a pleasant one and I enjoyed myself overall. At night, we were learning how to make niigiri sushi too. It was fun and I hope next time, we can go out together again. I wanted to thank my uncle for bringing me around and I can't wait to be back this year! Hahas.

Story Closed on 24.02.2019.

#wjalmighty #travelogue #wjtravels #willistravels #japan #jp #kyushu #saga #daikozenji #temples #autumn #thingstosee #thingstodo

Comments