Karatsu Castle


Evening peeps! It's Sunday, I am back for another weekly update. In today's post, I will be posting about visit to Karatsu Castle (唐津城). It's my first time to the place and I am really glad I went. The sea view was really pretty.

Karatsu castle is located in the Saga prefecture. Thus, it takes about an hour or so from Hakata to Karatsu castle. You can take a bus from the Hakata station and reach Karatsu directly. However, it take quite some walking distances from the Karatsu bus station to the castle. You will be greeted by a flight of stairs once you reached the main entrance to the castle.

Greeted by this wooden statue after alighting


My boots is breaking apart soon. :(


The flight of stairs to the castle

Entry to the castle cost 500 yen (If I remembered correctly), the most popular part of the castle is none other than its splendid views of the sea. Other than the viewing floor, visitors also can learn about the history of the castle. The attraction is also equipped with the essential amenities such as resting benches, vending machines and restrooms.

The views from the top of the castle


The entry ticket with the brochure

I truly enjoyed myself during my visit but it was a really short visit for me as I have to rush to my next destination for the day. However, I recommend at least a 30-45 minutes stay if you wanted to take in the view of the sea and basically, resting before your next stop. Anyway, if you are free, you also can drop by the near mall and the first Chaterise bakery I spotted in Japan. Hahas.

Selfies is a must


The shopping mall


唐津城
唐津市東城内8-1
Open daily: 0900 hrs ~ 1700 hrs
(Closed on 29 Dec ~ 31 Dec)

I have come to the end of this short travel post. I hope you enjoyed this one too. Please do drop by soon for another travelogue next week! :D

Story Closed on 10.03.2019.

#wjalmighty #willistravels #wjtravels #japan #jp #kyushu #saga #karatsu #thingstodo #thingstosee

Comments