Kamitori


Afternoon peeps! It's Sunday and I am back for another weekly update. In today post, I will be sharing about my visit to Kamitori shopping arcade located in Kumamoto city. This shopping arcade is one of the most famous ones in Kumamoto due to its proximity to Kumamon Square and Kumamoto Castle. It is also probably one of the most visited places by local youth. Similar to our Orchard Road in some sense.

I dropped by here to get something for lunch and afternoon tea before heading back to Fukuoka. Here, there are many shops to see and window shop. One of the places I visited here is nonetheless, the most notable tourist spots in Kumamoto, Kumamon Square. They have daily live shows at certain timing where Kumamon would come and engage with the public. During my visit, there were many tourists from Hong Kong.

Kumamon Square

After seeing the live show, I had lunch at this seemingly popular ramen place, Komurasama, located just right beside Yayoiken and Yoshinoya. As indicated on its shop front to be the previous generation of Kumamoto Ramen, I entered the restaurant. The ramen cost around S$7.00 for the cheapest ramen. I ordered the Chashu Ramen.

Komura Sama shop front


My lunch

After lunch, I walked around the shopping arcade for a while before settling down for my afternoon tea break at my fave St. Marc Café. I have come to the end of this short travel post. By the way, this is also the last travel post for my Kumamoto trip. In the upcoming travelogue, I will be touching on my trip to other parts of Kyushu! Do stay tuned for them!

Earth, one of the popular hair salon chains in Japan


Kumomon on Big Echo shop front!


My fave, St. Marc!

Story Closed on 30.06.2019.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #travelogues #wjtravels #willistravels #japan #jp #kyushu #kumamoto #thingstodo #thingstosee #thingstoeat

Comments