Sundown Marathon 2019


Afternoon friends, it's Sunday and I am back for another weekly update. In today post, I am back to share about my experience at the annual Sundown Marathon. In this year edition, I signed up for the half marathon category. As usual, I register for the race during the race expo for the previous year Standard Charted Singapore Marathon. In additional to the original race pack, participants whom signed at the expo get an extra running singlet and a metallic water bottle! So worth the money! :D

On the day of race pack collection, the crowd management was good and love the venue at the Marina Bay Sands exhibition hall. It's spacious! I collected mine within 20 minutes (that include walking through the expo hall). This year race goodies were good in fact, it was one of the best race packs so far with a lot of sample items. I think many runners whom love goodies will definitely be glad. As I signed up early for the race, it cost me S$65.00 for the half marathon category.

My race pack

All participants are entitled to a finisher medal, bananas and Pocari Sweat after the race. Although the finishers are treated with goodies after the race, during the race, there are some water points running out of water which is quite vexing. This didn't happened to me though but from the news and fellow runner friends, it was quite bad. Hmm...this is something maybe the new organiser have to take note for future races. The race route was not too bad either, it's an average race route like most other races. 2 main spots in Singapore such as Gardens by the Bay East and Marina Bay Sands were dotted as landmarks on the route.

The finisher medal for half marathon runner

I definitely enjoyed my race but due to insufficient sleep and lack of carbos, I felt underperformed. My timing for the whole race was 2 hours and 31 minutes which is not the timing that I would wanted to clock. Anyway, what's done has been done. Got to work harder for my next half marathon then! Overall, this year race was fine but still have many rooms for improvement such as more photo spots for runners, the shuttle bus timing to be adjust from 0300 hrs to 0330 hrs maybe? and so forth. I didn't have time to enjoy the race village as I have to rush for the shuttle bus back home. :(

I hope this year's post have given you guys some insights on the race. If you would like to join for the future race, this post might be useful to a certain extend? Hahas. Nevertheless, set your mind and goal early then be determined!

My certificate of achievement


Click on the link below to read about my last year's experience!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2018/05/sundown-marathon-2018.html

Story Closed on 16.06.2019.

#wjalmighty #weeklyposts #weeklyupdates #singapore #sg #sundownmarathon2019 #wjrunning #running #jogging #annualpost #annualrace #sundownmarathon

Comments