Gamagori

Evening peeps! It's Sunday and I am back for another quick travel post. In today's post, I will be sharing about my visit to Gamagori (蒲郡). Particularly, Gamagori is famous for its Takeshima (竹島). It was really windy during my visit. Despite that, I did enjoyed nice view of the sea and sights of seagulls.

Do you know that seagulls are called Kamome (カモメ) in Japanese? Seagulls are pretty huge in size if you compare to our Singapore's native Javan Mynah. Other than watching the seagulls, I also took many pieces of photos. Takeshima is a small island where there is a shrine that you can visit. However, don't expect bamboo forest here though the name of the island suggest so. There are still bamboo trees here, it's just not a lot.

Gamagori Station


The entrance welcoming me to Takeshima


Snapshots of the shrine


Bamboo Trees at the island

The island area is best visited during sunset but I reached too early and the sky was greyish. In fact, it was drizzling during my visit. I think the photos will give you peeps a much better persepective for visiting the place. To get to Gamagori, simply take a train heading towards Toyobashi (豊橋) from Nagoya station. It take about an hour or so to reach Gamagori as it's a local line.

Takeshima during Sunset. Photo Credits: Tripadvisor.


Takeshima during my visit. Big difference, hahas.


The seagulls

I have come to the end of this short travel post. Hopefully from this post, you peeps can get some useful insights on your next Aichi's travel. Cheers and see you all next week!

Story Closed on 21.06.2020.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklypost #travelogues #willisseetheworld #wjtravels #japan #jp #aichi #gamagori #thingstosee #thingstobuy #thingstodo

Comments