Nagoya Central (2018)

Afternoon peeps! It's Sunday and I am back for another short travelogue. In today's post, I will be sharing about my trip to Nagoya city. It's been 2 years since my last visit but hopefully, this post will still provide you with some useful insights when visiting the city.

Nagoya is famous for its Hitsumabushi (ひつまぶし) and this is one of the must-trys when visiting Nagoya. This Japanese dish is mainly made out of Unagi and usually, it cost at least ¥3,000. As this is an expensive Japanese cuisine, hence, it's not an everyday kind of dish. I visited Chikuyotei (竹葉亭) located in one of the malls around Nagoya station.

Restaurant front


My dinner

東京 竹葉亭 名古屋店
Open daily
1100 hrs ~ 1530 hrs (Last Order: 1500 hrs)
1700 hrs ~ 2300 hrs (Last Order: 2130 hrs)
http://tabelog.com/aichi/A2301/A230101/23000313

One of the popular tourist spots in Nagoya is none other than the notable Sakae's Oasis 21. The futuristic building looks like a spaceship and at night, it stands beside the lighted-up Nagoya tower making it one of the beautiful city spots. This spaceship-ish building houses some shops, cafes and a bus interchange! The buses are actually coaches which travel of out the city or the Aichi prefecture.

Selfie at Oasis 21


The day view at Oasis 21


The night view at Oasis 21

Other tourist spots in Nagoya includes Nagoya Castle (名古屋城) and Osu Kannon (大須観音) which I will be sharing more in upcoming posts. To end off this post, I shall share about my visit to Cafe Du Ciel. During this trip, I met up with my friend, Tomo. It's been 1 and half year since I met up with her. Like usual, we had a simple meal and this time round, dessert at one of the famous cafes in Nagoya. I really enjoyed the time spent, being able to converse in Japanese and so forth. Anyway, the dessert and service were good. I also get to enjoy wonderful views from the cafe. I must thank Tomo for introducing me to this cafe!

Cafe De Ciel

カフェ ド シエル (CAFE DU CIEL)
Open daily
1000 hrs ~ 2200 hrs
http://tabelog.com/aichi/A2301/A230101/23001567

I have come to the end of this short travel post. I hope you guys like it and gained some useful insights from it. As mentioned previously, I will be sharing more of my Nagoya travels, so please do drop again to read up them!

Click onto the below link to read about my previous trip to Nagoya Central.
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2017/08/nagoya-central.html

#wjalmighty #weeklyposts #weeklyupdates #willisseetheworld #wjtravels #travelogues #japan #jp #nagoya #oasis21 #thingstoeat #thingstosee #thingstobuy

Comments