Lake Kawaguchi

Lake Kawaguchi : 河口湖


After the Mount Fuji fifth station's visit, we dropped one of the town in Yamanashi prefecture (山梨県) for lunch. The town serves as a major hub for Mount Fuji's climbers during the climbing season (July and August) and also as tour bus stop-over point too. The lunch was delicious and tasty, I really enjoyed it. After our lunch, we were given some time to walk around the area. The first thing my friend and I did is to drop by Lake Kawaguchi (河口湖) which is just located in front of the place we had lunch.

Place for lunch. Looks old, no? Retro feeling...


Zhiwei with his lunch. Happy boy! Lols.


Udon, mushrooms and vegetables soup!


This fish may not look nice, but it's tasty!


Tempura! Yummy!


How can one resist these delicious Chicken Karaage (鶏の唐揚げ)?


Lake Kawaguchi (河口湖) is one of the Fuji Five Lakes which all of the lakes were formed by previous eruption of Mount Fuji. The lake is the second largest lake out of the five. It was really beautiful, however in my opinion, Sun Moon Lake (日月潭) is still the nicest lake that I seen in my life. Nevertheless, the sight of Lake Kawaguchi is still breathtaking. It is definitely worth your time visiting. Putting that aside, it is also added to the World Heritage List as part of the Fujisan Cultural Site this year. *Some information cited from Wikipedia.

The beautiful lake

Our stop over last for about an hour before we headed out for the next stop to Hakone. Well, I didn't have a lot to explore here either except taking a lot of photos and enjoying the beautiful sight of the lake. Anyway, the 5 lakes surrounding Mount Fuji includes Lake Motosu (本栖湖), Saiko (西湖), Lake Shoji (精進湖), Lake Yamanaka (山中湖) and of course, Lake Kawaguchi. However, the most popular one will be Lake Kawaguchi as most of the travel posters and brochures always featured it with Mount Fuji.

I have come to the end of this short post. As there is nothing much, I can comment and post about. I do hope I have more time to explore the place the next visit. There are some water activities such as motorboat rides and duck boat rides at the lake too. If you missed my previous post, click here to read now! :)

Story Closed on 05.10.13.

Photo Credits:
- http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs28/i/2008/050/a/8/Mount_Fuji_and_Lake_Kawaguchi_by_Philip_027.jpg

Comments

Anonymous said…
Where will u be going this year?
Dear reader, thanks for dropping by. I won't be going anywhere else for this year as I am preparing for my studies next year soon.

However, I will be dropping by Taipei this coming March with some of my friends and sister. Be sure to drop by my blog by then to check out the latest travelogues. :)