2XU Compression Run 2014

The week of February has finally closed its curtain for the year and it's time to welcome March this weekend. Today is Sunday, and it marks the day which I will release a weekly post. Alright! My week has been a great one, work went smoothly and all my exercises go on as usual.

Anyway, I just came back from my 2XU Compression Run earlier, the event was a great one. The volunteers and crews behind the events were really helpful and friendly. The event turned out pretty successful and guess what, today, the Menshealth's Urbanathon also took place. Both of the races did not clash upon one another which I am really happy that both organizers have made the events to have as little mistakes as possible. The ushers and pacers were nice and can be spotted any where along the course, I find this was encouraging as I know nobody would wanted to run the race in absences of medics and supporters around.

Carnival Area


Spotted the main stage!


Pocari Sweat's booth

The marathon events consisted of 3 categories, men & women 10KM, 21KM and 42KM respectively. There are also 3 race packs to choose from too, the cheapest being the goodies only limited to race singlet, finisher medal and tee (If applicable) to the most expensive one which goodies also includes 2XU visors, socks and tights. As this is my first time joining the run, I hope they would give out loyalty rates to next year's participants. Then, I might wanted to join once again! Hahas.

My race pack's goodies

I took my race pretty nicely as I set another high score of myself at 53 minutes for a 10KM run. Of course, I am happy with my result. I will be taking up 3 more marathons in this year, the next high key run will be in May where I will be running the Sundown 2014 (The 21KM Category). Go for it, yea? You only live once your life. After the event, I went to have breakfast at Mcdonald's again. It's like, I seldom wake up early for their breakfast everytime unless it's the marathon day. Hahas, that's wrapped my Sunday for now.

Yummy breakfast from McDonald's!

Saturday was yet another long and tiring day. Still, I am pretty much happy with it as these stuffs which I did was essential and meaningful! The evening, I met up with my family for advanced-birthday dinner (My sister's birthday). We dined at Dian Xiao Er once again. It's as a nice restaurant, the ambience was great too. That's my third time dining at their restaurant, this time round, we did not pick up their default dinner set. Instead, we picked our dishes from the menu and we chose some dishes and drinks too. I forgot what's the names of the dishes but I know one thing is that, we did chose their signature roasted duck. It is a must-try whenever we visit them. Hahas.

Inside the restaurant


Signature Roasted Duck!! Yummy!!


My fave!! Fish Soup Ladle (鱼瓢羹)

The bill came up to around S$110 (Inclusive of GST and Service Charges) which is pretty worth it as the meal was for 4 persons. If you were to split the bill, each person pays about $28 to $30. I personally thinks that the restaurant serves foods that suit dads, mums and grandparents. There aren't any dishes they had which might attracts kids though...So if you are thinking of bring kids there, please do take note of that, yea?

We wrapped our evening at Fairprice where we shopped for some groceries and snacks for our home. I have come to the end of this post, I hope that you had enjoyed reading it. Next week, I will heading down Taiwan and thus, I will be unable to post another weekly post for that week but still try to be back for my other posts. Nevertheless, thanks for reading! :)

Story Closed on 02.03.2014.

#weeklyupdate #weeklypost #wjalmighty #Singapore #sg #2XUCompressionRun #2XUrun #dinner #foods #dianxiaoer #chinese #cuisine #Pekingduck #roastedduck #rants #eventreview #personalexperience

You might also like the following post(s):
- Nike, I Ran
- Last Week of August 2013
- Sundown Marathon 2013

Comments