Electric Run 2014


The Electric Run has finally ended its 2-day tour in Singapore! Yesterday, Eileen and I went for the run and it was an amazing experience! The crowd were so enthusiastic and the race was lighted up by bright neon lights! People everywhere donned the light sticks and colorful bright shoes too. It was a really beautiful sight!

Anyway, just one week ago, we both went to collect our race pack. Eileen was so excited about the race! Hahas. We signed up for the standard package which in the goodies bag, we are given the Electric Run tee, race bib and glowing glasses. There were tents selling the race merchandises such as light sticks, rings, tees and hoodies. But they are not priced cheap, thus, an alternative will be hitting Daiso for their cheap light sticks. Buy a lot, I think you will still be using it for many other occasions like concerts etc;. Hahas.

Race Pack Collection's day


The goodies to be geared up for the race!

For me, I went to SKP (Jurong West's outlet) to get all my glowing sticks and stuffs for the run, cost me less than S$10. There were no queue and the shop is pretty spacious as there were no crowd during my visit. Other than light sticks, they also sell various party items like hats, masks and etc;. I believed it was ideal for a fun run like this one, no?

Back to the run, the run was held at the F1 Race Pit and the race route spreads around the beautiful Singapore's Marina Bay. So, the first wave started at 8PM and the event wrapped up around 10:30 PM to 11:00 PM. It was a wonderful evening and I think most participants would agreed so too. The race course was lit-up by pretty lights and there was music playing all along the race course. With that much nice ambience setup by the organizer, the pricing to this race is not cheap and in fact, it's one of most expensive fun run held in Singapore. However, I would still recommend you guys who love running to give this race a try. It would be fun, trust me! Running is fun but adding the theme and atmosphere to your run will make it even better! :D

Hyped up for the race!!


Spotted the main photo-booth!


Race Village's Bar


Starting point for the race, got to queue to get in!!


Neffmau5 Land

The race was a prestige brand which went for its tour in the US, Australia and Europe. Nonetheless, Singapore is the first Asia's country which the race have stopped by. If you have missed this fun race, I hope you would be able to catch it next year (Provided that they will be stopping by again)? When that time comes, don't miss it anymore! Save up your money for this race!!

My video compilation of the videos I took during my run

After our run, we went for our dinner/supper at Swee Choon!! We took the MRT down to Farrer Park and then, navigate ourselves to the restaurant. It is packed as usual, we waited for around 15 minutes for our turn to dine in. We were so hungry that we ordered a ton of dishes from Siew Mai (燒賣), Liu Sha Bao (奶黃流沙包) to noodles (蔥油陽春拉麵). The total bill came up to S$34, we split the bill and thus, each person pays S$17. In my opinion, it is worth every penny paid. The foods were delicious, no doubt that there are so many people willingly to wait for their turn to dine in. After which, we cabbed home. It was a wonderful evening spent and I hope I can meet up with Eileen soon again!

蔥油陽春拉麵


上海小籠包


招牌奶黃流沙包


The rest of the photos took during our visit


Swee Choon Tim-Sum Restaurant
191 Jalan Besar
Singapore 208882

Operation Hours
Monday to Sunday : 1800 HRS to 0600 HRS
Close on Tuesday

Anyway, it's Sunday right? Hahas. Alright, I shall briefly go through my week here. My work went smoothly as usual for this week and my training for my Sundown marathon also is progressing too. I can't wait for my Sundown to be here as the friendly organiser for the Sundown marathon has released the design for this year's finisher medal through their Instagram account. So that's pretty much about my week? Do drop by soon for more interesting updates, yea? Ciaos!!

Story Closed on 13.04.14.

#weeklypost #weeklyupdate #wjalmighty #singapore #sg #rants #electricrunsg #electricrun #marinabay #exercise #run #funrun

You may also like to read the below post(s):
- Get ready for Electric Run 2014
- Last week of February
- Nike, I ran
- Sundown Marathon 2013


Photo Credits:
- https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10151228_289562404542513_581768085_n.jpg
- https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10174913_289562447875842_1680716561_n.jpg
- http://inetz-images.s3.amazonaws.com/files/shared/accounts/e/electricrun/www.electricrun.com/htdocs/wp-content/blogs.di/8/files/2012/09/Neffmau5-Land1.jpg

Comments