Shilin Night Market 2014

士林夜市


Hello there! I am back for another nice travel post! This time round, I will be blogging about my recent trip to Shilin Night Market (士林夜市)! It was a rainy week when I was there. Thus, I couldn't took many nice photos. Nevertheless, without further ado, I shall kick start this post with foods and more foods which I have tried during my visit!

The "糖葫蘆" store

The first snack which Raven tried here is the "糖葫蘆". It was sweet and tasty as Raven described, I did not tried this one as I don't think I will like it. It is not expensive, it cost around S$1.20 per stick. This snack is made of strawberries. I think strawberries is one of Taiwanese favourite fruits? Hahas.

The Takoyaki store


Our takoyaki!! Yummy!!

Next's up is the Takoyaki (たこやき) which I have tried years ago. It still cost the same price, a box of 6 balls at only NT$40! Cheap snack and it was tasty as usual! We waited for about 5 minutes for the food as there was a queue apparently. Nevertheless, this is one of the nicest snacks which I would recommend whenever you visit Shilin Night Market!

士林大香腸

The biggest sausages which I would never miss during my visit to Shilin is from this store! The uncle has been selling this sausages for years and his grilling skill is still as good. The sausage is then cut into small portions when you bought it, you can add on chill and garlic if you like too. However, I definitely preferred eating it on its own. うまい!

豪大大雞排


The "大雞排"

Another wonderful snack which one shouldn't miss is the "豪大大雞排"! The chicken cutlet is so tasty and awesome! It doesn't cost too expensive for that big and generous portion. Anyway, the store I went to this year and the past 2 years is the first store in Taiwan and perhaps, it's much more original? Hahas, each cutlet cost around S$2.50 (Definitely cheaper than in SG). There are always people queuing up for the chicken cutlet, however, the service was fast and efficient. During my visit, it took about 5 to 10 mins for my turn.

Red Bean Pancake


Delicious "紅豆餅"

One of my fave snacks when I visited any night markets is "紅豆餅". This store is one of newest edition to my Shilin snacks list as I happened to spot this store during my recent visit. It cost only NT$20 per pancake and look at the close-up shot of the pancake I took, the red beans are so big! It is really worth every penny paid for it!


平價牛排專賣店


Their popular hotplate chicken chop!


Signature Beef steak!!

Another new addition to my list is this store! The restaurant has indoor seating and it was pretty spacious too. Their popular and much cheaper dish on their menu is the Hotplate Chicken Chop (人氣烤盤雞排)! I ordered the chicken chop while Raven ordered their signature Hotplate Beef Steak (招牌烤盤牛排). Each hotplate dishes come with butter bread and spaghetti too. In my opinion, it is confirmed a filling meal for me. The price ranges between NT$130 to NT$200 (Approx. below S$10). I think it is really cheap! The foods were tasty and fresh too. I definitely recommend coming for a second time!

Coco 都可茶飲


珍珠奶茶


I did tried a lot of bubble tea(s) in Taiwan and this is one of the cheapest I found. Their "珍珠奶茶" cost NT$35 and it is pretty not bad. I love it, though the tea smell is not very strong. I would recommend "50嵐" if you preferred the tea flavoured drinks. There was queue too here, I wondered why? Hahas. Nevertheless, we did not waited for very long for our drinks.

忠誠號蚵仔煎


滷肉飯


蝦仁煎蛋


招牌蚵仔煎

Last store for this post, I recommend trying the dishes from this store, "忠誠號蚵仔煎". There are indoor seating too. We also waited for 10 to 15 mins for our dinner to be served that evening. Well, we ordered their Minced Pork Rice (滷肉飯), Pan-Fried Egg with prawns (蝦仁煎蛋) and Oyster Omelet (招牌蚵仔煎). Our bill come up to NT$110. We were pretty full after the dinner. The waitresses were friendly too, thumbs up for it! Overall, we have a great time there.

As for shopping, there are several apparel stores around the night market. I would recommend to visit their "50 Percent" stores there. The quality of their mens clothings is really good, similar of that of Uniqlo, Cotton On and H&M. The price ranges between S$15 to S$30 (For long sleeve shirts). I bought 2 shirts there during my visit. 50 Percent is one of the nicest retail chain in Taiwan which I find good so far. Do go support them!! Hahas. I have come to the end of this travel post. I hope you guys have enjoyed every part of it. For now, ciaos!

Story Closed on 16.04.14.

Click below to read about my previous visit!
- Shilin Night Market 2013

Comments